There are schools offering nursing assistant certifications in Minnesota!
Schools Offering Nurse Assisting Programs in Minnesota
Around 1.2% of Minnesota's graduates graduate from nurse assisting certificate programs every year. In other words, every year an estimated 2,299 nursing assistants graduate from Minnesota's 19 nursing assistant schools.
American Indian OIC Inc, which was ranked 74th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Minnesota that has a nursing assistant program. It is located in Minneapolis. In 2010, American Indian OIC Inc graduated 98 students from its nursing assistant program.
The second-ranked school in Minnesota that has a nursing assistant program is Minnesota West Community and Technical College. Minnesota West Community and Technical College, which was ranked 79th in the country in 2010, is located in Granite Falls. In 2010, Minnesota West Community and Technical College graduated 450 students from its nursing assistant program. Tuition at Minnesota West Community and Technical College was $5,154 per year.
Ridgewater College, which is located in Willmar, is the third-ranked school in Minnesota that has a nursing assistant program. It received a ranking of 81st in the country in 2010. In 2010, Ridgewater College graduated 66 students from its nursing assistant programs. The tuition rate at Ridgewater College was $5,280 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Minnesota's nursing assistant schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $4,656 per year, though tuition can range from $5,319 per year to $3,169 per year. In 2010, the nursing assistant schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Minnesota were:
- Minnesota State College-Southeast Technical - located in Winona, students are charged $5,319 per year
- Dakota County Technical College - located in Rosemount, students are charged $5,298 per year
- Ridgewater College - located in Willmar, students are charged $5,280 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Minnesota nursing assistant schools were charged at the following schools:
- White Earth Tribal and Community College - located in Mahnomen, students are charged $3,169 per year
- Lake Superior College - located in Duluth, students are charged $4,608 per year
- Saint Paul College - A Community and Technical College - located in Saint Paul, students are charged $4,719 per year
A nursing assistant certificate from a Minnesota school... what next?
The highest percentage of nursing assistant graduates in Minnesota pursue careers as a nursing assistant. 31,580 nursing assistants were working in Minnesota in 2010. The following counties have the largest number of Minnesota nursing assistants:
- Anoka County - 15,030 nursing assistants
- Becker County - 3,330 nursing assistants
- Brown County - 3,300 nursing assistants
The government projects that the number of nursing assistants in Minnesota will grow by 13%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 36,380 nursing assistants working in Minnesota.
A nursing assistant in Minnesota earns $26,670 per year on average. However, this number is only an average. nursing assistants in Minnesota had varying salaries from $18,240 to $38,140 per year in 2010. The following counties in Minnesota have the highest average salaries for nursing assistants:
- Dodge County - $29,920 per year
- Anoka County - $28,640 per year
- Aitkin County - $27,380 per year
A nursing assistant in the following counties in Minnesota make the lowest salaries on average:
- Becker County - $23,550 per year
- Brown County - $23,650 per year
- Blue Earth County - $24,130 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Minnesota statistics regarding a career in nurse assisting and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as forensic nursing or LVN.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Certificate in Nurse Assisting in Minnesota
Curious what studying Nursing Assistant gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Minnesota
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Nursing Aides, Orderlies, and Attendants||31,580||$26,670||11.7%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are nursing assistant related jobs in Minnesota