There are schools offering paramedic programs in Minnesota!
Schools Offering Paramedic Training Programs in Minnesota
Around 0.2% of Minnesota's graduates graduate from paramedic training certificate programs every year. In other words, every year an estimated 328 paramedics graduate from Minnesota's 12 paramedic schools.
The top-ranked school in Minnesota that has a paramedic program is Ridgewater College. Ridgewater College, which was ranked 81st in the country in 2010, is located in Willmar. 15 students graduated with a certificate in paramedic from Ridgewater College in 2010. Ridgewater College charged in-state students $5,280 in tuition fees per year.
Central Lakes College-Brainerd, which is located in Brainerd, is the second-ranked school in Minnesota that has a paramedic program. It received a ranking of 82nd in the country in 2010. 0 students graduated with certificate in paramedic from Central Lakes College-Brainerd in 2010. Students at Central Lakes College-Brainerd paid $5,255 per year in tuition fees.
St. Cloud Technical and Community College, which was ranked 82nd nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Minnesota that has a paramedic program. It is located in Saint Cloud. In 2010, St. Cloud Technical and Community College graduated 16 students from its paramedic programs. Students at St. Cloud Technical and Community College paid $4,920 per year in tuition fees.
Tuition at Minnesota's paramedic schools ranges from $5,280 per year to $4,630 per year. But, the average tuition is $5,010 per year. In 2010, the paramedic schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Minnesota were:
- Ridgewater College - located in Willmar, students are charged $5,280 per year
- Central Lakes College-Brainerd - located in Brainerd, students are charged $5,255 per year
- Rochester Community and Technical College - located in Rochester, students are charged $5,159 per year
The following Minnesota paramedic schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Hennepin Technical College - located in Minneapolis, students are charged $4,630 per year
- Vermilion Community College - located in Ely, students are charged $4,874 per year
- South Central College - located in Mankato, students are charged $4,910 per year
A paramedic certificate from a Minnesota school... what next?
The highest percentage of paramedic graduates in Minnesota pursue careers as a paramedic. In 2010, there were 4,240 paramedics working in Minnesota. The largest populations of Minnesota paramedics are working in the following counties:
- Anoka County - 1,390 paramedics
- Becker County - 700 paramedics
- Big Stone County - 690 paramedics
The government projects that by 2018, the number of paramedics in the state of Minnesota will grow to 5,030. This would require a 16% growth in the profession.
On average, a paramedic earns a salary of $32,340 per year in Minnesota state. But, salaries for paramedics can vary. In 2010, paramedics made as little as less than $15,930 per year or as much as more than $58,060 per year in Minnesota. On average a paramedic earns the most in the following Minnesota counties:
- Anoka County - $39,130 per year
- Dodge County - $34,380 per year
- Becker County - $31,400 per year
The Minnesota counties with the lowest average salary for paramedics are:
- Big Stone County - $26,200 per year
- Carlton County - $26,970 per year
- Brown County - $27,670 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Minnesota statistics regarding a career in paramedic training. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as paramedic or emergency management.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Paramedic Training in Minnesota
- Certificate in Paramedic Training in Minnesota
Curious what studying Paramedic gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Minnesota
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Emergency Medical Technicians and Paramedics||4,240||$32,340||6.3%|
|Ambulance Drivers and Attendants, Except Emergency Medical Technicians||70||$21,940||-69.6%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are paramedic related jobs in Minnesota