There are schools offering personal training certifications in Minnesota!
Schools Offering Personal Training Programs in Minnesota
Around 0.0% of Minnesota's graduates graduate from personal training degree programs every year. In other words, every year an estimated 79 personal trainers graduate from Minnesota's 12 personal training schools.
The top-ranked school in Minnesota with a personal training program is University of Minnesota-Duluth, which is located in Duluth. In 2010, it was ranked 36th nationwide. 5 students graduated with a degree in personal training from University of Minnesota-Duluth in 2010. The tuition rate at University of Minnesota-Duluth was $11,808 per year.
The second-ranked school in Minnesota with a personal training program is Gustavus Adolphus College, which is located in Saint Peter. In 2010, it was ranked 63rd nationwide. In 2010, 7 students graduated from Gustavus Adolphus College personal training program. The tuition rate at Gustavus Adolphus College was $33,500 per year.
The third-ranked school in Minnesota that has a personal training program is Bethel University. Bethel University, which was ranked 66th in the country in 2010, is located in Saint Paul. 10 students graduated with degree in personal training from Bethel University in 2010. Tuition at Bethel University was $28,080 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Minnesota's personal training schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $10,409 per year, though tuition can range from $33,500 per year to $4,551 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Minnesota personal training schools were charged at the following schools:
- Gustavus Adolphus College - located in Saint Peter, students are charged $33,500 per year
- Bethel University - located in Saint Paul, students are charged $28,080 per year
- University of Minnesota-Duluth - located in Duluth, students are charged $11,808 per year
The following Minnesota personal training schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Anoka-Ramsey Community College - located in Minneapolis, students are charged $4,551 per year
- Lake Superior College - located in Duluth, students are charged $4,608 per year
- Saint Paul College - A Community and Technical College - located in Saint Paul, students are charged $4,719 per year
A personal training degree from a Minnesota school... what next?
The highest percentage of personal training graduates in Minnesota pursue careers as a personal trainer. In 2010, there were 3,860 personal trainers working in Minnesota. The Minnesota counties with the largest populations of personal trainers are:
- Anoka County - 2,830 personal trainers
- Becker County - 280 personal trainers
- Brown County - 240 personal trainers
The government projects that by 2018, the number of personal trainers in the state of Minnesota will grow to 6,250. This would require a 22% growth in the profession.
On average, a personal trainer earns a salary of $29,360 per year in Minnesota state. But, salaries for personal trainers can vary. In 2010, personal trainers made as little as less than $15,530 per year or as much as more than $50,920 per year in Minnesota. On average a personal trainer earns the most in the following Minnesota counties:
- Anoka County - $31,730 per year
- Dodge County - $29,550 per year
- Benton County - $24,780 per year
A personal trainer in the following counties in Minnesota make the lowest salaries on average:
- Aitkin County - $19,910 per year
- Brown County - $20,090 per year
- Carlton County - $22,040 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Minnesota statistics regarding a career in personal training and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as physical therapy assisting or physical therapy.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Personal Training in Minnesota
- Bachelor's Degree in Personal Training in Minnesota
- Certificate in Personal Training in Minnesota
Curious what studying Personal Training gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Minnesota
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Fitness Trainers and Aerobics Instructors||3,860||$29,360||1.6%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are personal training related jobs in Minnesota