There are schools offering pharmacy technician programs in Minnesota!
Schools Offering Pharmacy Technician Training Programs in Minnesota
Each year, approximately 0.1% of Minnesota graduates receive certificates in pharmacy technician training. That means an estimated 216 pharmacy technicians graduate from Minnesota's 10 pharmacy technician schools each year.
Everest Institute-Eagan, which was ranked 76th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Minnesota that has a pharmacy technician program. It is located in Saint Paul. In 2010, 69 students graduated from Everest Institute-Eagan's pharmacy technician program.
The second-ranked school in Minnesota that has a pharmacy technician program is Rasmussen College-Minnesota. Rasmussen College-Minnesota, which was ranked 82nd in the country in 2010, is located in Saint Cloud. 54 students graduated with certificate in pharmacy technician from Rasmussen College-Minnesota in 2010. Tuition at Rasmussen College-Minnesota was $15,180 per year.
Anthem College-Minnesota, which was ranked 82nd nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Minnesota that has a pharmacy technician program. It is located in Minneapolis. In 2010, 39 students graduated from Anthem College-Minnesota pharmacy technician program. Students at Anthem College-Minnesota paid $0 per year in tuition fees.
If you are hoping to attend one of Minnesota's pharmacy technician schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $7,657 per year, though tuition can range from $15,180 per year to $4,845 per year. In 2010, the pharmacy technician schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Minnesota were:
- Rasmussen College-Minnesota - located in Saint Cloud, students are charged $15,180 per year
- National American University-Brooklyn Center - located in Minneapolis, students are charged $13,780 per year
- National American University-Bloomington - located in Minneapolis, students are charged $13,780 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Minnesota pharmacy technician schools were charged at the following schools:
- Hibbing Community College-A Technical and Community College - located in Hibbing, students are charged $4,845 per year
- Minnesota State Community and Technical College - located in Fergus Falls, students are charged $5,033 per year
- Riverland Community College - located in Austin, students are charged $5,070 per year
A pharmacy technician certificate from a Minnesota school... what next?
Most people who graduate from pharmacy technician school in Minnesota go on to work as a pharmacy technician. If you decide to work as a pharmacy technician in Minnesota, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 6,920 Minnesota pharmacy technicians as of 2010. The Minnesota counties with the largest populations of pharmacy technicians are:
- Anoka County - 4,240 pharmacy technicians
- Becker County - 500 pharmacy technicians
- Carlton County - 470 pharmacy technicians
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 8,800 pharmacy technicians will be working in Minnesota state. This would require the number of pharmacy technicians to grow by 26%.
On average, pharmacy technicians earn $31,140 per year. However, this number is only an average. pharmacy technicians in Minnesota had varying salaries from $17,990 to $47,360 per year in 2010. The following counties in Minnesota have the highest average salaries for pharmacy technicians:
- Dodge County - $35,820 per year
- Anoka County - $31,700 per year
- Carlton County - $30,490 per year
The following counties in Minnesota have the lowest average salaries for pharmacy technicians:
- Big Stone County - $26,240 per year
- Brown County - $29,210 per year
- Becker County - $29,580 per year
For more data regarding a career in pharmacy technician training in Minnesota and to compare salaries with various related fields such as health science or physician assisting, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Pharmacy Technician Training in Minnesota
- Certificate in Pharmacy Technician Training in Minnesota
Curious what studying Pharmacy Technician gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Minnesota
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are pharmacy technician related jobs in Minnesota