There are schools offering social work degrees in Minnesota!
Schools Offering Social Work Programs in Minnesota
University of Minnesota-Twin Cities, which is located in Minneapolis, is the top-ranked school in Minnesota that has a social work program. It received a ranking of 14th in the country in 2010. 122 students graduated with a degree in social work from University of Minnesota-Twin Cities in 2010. Students at University of Minnesota-Twin Cities paid $12,288 per year in tuition fees.
College of Saint Benedict, which is located in Saint Joseph, is the second-ranked school in Minnesota that has a social work program. It received a ranking of 27th in the country in 2010. In 2010, College of Saint Benedict graduated 7 students from its social work program. Tuition at College of Saint Benedict was $32,246 per year.
Saint Johns University, which was ranked 27th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Minnesota that has a social work program. It is located in Collegeville. In 2010, Saint Johns University graduated 1 students from its social work programs. Saint Johns University charged in-state students $31,576 in tuition fees per year.
Social work schools in Minnesota, charge students an average tuition of $16,400 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $36,800 per year, or as little as $4,844 per year. In 2010, the social work schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Minnesota were:
- St. Olaf College - located in Northfield, students are charged $36,800 per year
- College of Saint Benedict - located in Saint Joseph, students are charged $32,246 per year
- Saint Johns University - located in Collegeville, students are charged $31,576 per year
The social work schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Minnesota were:
- Mesabi Range Community and Technical College - located in Virginia, students are charged $4,844 per year
- Century Community and Technical College - located in Saint Paul, students are charged $4,934 per year
- Metropolitan State University - located in Saint Paul, students are charged $5,923 per year
A social work degree from a Minnesota school... what next?
A large number of Minnesota social work graduates become social workers. If you decide to work as a social worker in Minnesota, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 2,140 Minnesota social workers as of 2010. The largest populations of Minnesota social workers are working in the following counties:
- Anoka County - 1,360 social workers
- Carlton County - 150 social workers
- Brown County - 150 social workers
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of social workers is expected to grow by 15% by 2018. There are projected to be 2,550 social workers working in the Minnesota then.
On average, a social worker earns a salary of $51,050 per year in Minnesota state. But, salaries for social workers can vary. In 2010, social workers made as little as less than $26,230 per year or as much as more than $77,010 per year in Minnesota. On average a social worker earns the most in the following Minnesota counties:
- Dodge County - $58,680 per year
- Anoka County - $52,860 per year
- Carlton County - $48,870 per year
On average, social workers earns the least in the following Minnesota counties:
- Benton County - $44,430 per year
- Brown County - $44,810 per year
- Big Stone County - $45,210 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Minnesota statistics regarding a career in social work. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as human resources or social work.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Social Work in Minnesota
- Bachelor's Degree in Social Work in Minnesota
- Master's Degree in Social Work in Minnesota
- Doctoral Degree in Social Work in Minnesota
- Certificate in Social Work in Minnesota
Curious what studying Social Work gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Minnesota
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Child, Family, and School Social Workers||5,770||$55,310||-9.7%|
|Mental Health and Substance Abuse Social Workers||2,200||$46,760||-11.6%|
|Healthcare Social Workers||2,140||$51,050||-9.3%|
|Social Workers, All Other||360||$61,830||-73.3%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are social work related jobs in Minnesota