There are schools offering visual communications degrees in Minnesota!
Schools Offering Visual Communications Programs in Minnesota
Approximately 0.3% of graduates in of Minnesota receive visual communications degrees every year. Thus, Minnesota's 26 visual communications schools put out approximately 600 visual communications professionals each year.
University of Minnesota-Twin Cities, which was ranked 14th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Minnesota that has a visual communications program. It is located in Minneapolis. 61 students graduated with a degree in visual communications from University of Minnesota-Twin Cities in 2010. Tuition at University of Minnesota-Twin Cities was $12,288 per year.
Hamline University, which is located in Saint Paul, is the second-ranked school in Minnesota that has a visual communications program. It received a ranking of 35th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 0 students graduated from Hamline University visual communications program. Tuition at Hamline University was $30,489 per year.
The third-ranked school in Minnesota that has a visual communications program is University of Minnesota-Duluth. University of Minnesota-Duluth, which was ranked 36th in the country in 2010, is located in Duluth. In 2010, University of Minnesota-Duluth graduated 50 students from its visual communications programs. Tuition at University of Minnesota-Duluth was $11,808 per year.
Visual communications schools in Minnesota, charge students an average tuition of $12,947 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $30,489 per year, or as little as $4,630 per year. In 2010, the following Minnesota visual communications schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Hamline University - located in Saint Paul, students are charged $30,489 per year
- St. Catherine University - located in Saint Paul, students are charged $30,168 per year
- Minneapolis College of Art and Design - located in Minneapolis, students are charged $29,700 per year
The following Minnesota visual communications schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Hennepin Technical College - located in Minneapolis, students are charged $4,630 per year
- South Central College - located in Mankato, students are charged $4,910 per year
- Century Community and Technical College - located in Saint Paul, students are charged $4,934 per year
A visual communications degree from a Minnesota school... what next?
Many Minnesota visual communications graduates become a video editor, audio visual technician, and artist. Minnesota had 6,360 visual communications professionals in 2010. 5,160 of these visual communications professionals were graphic designers, 170 were video editors, and 780 were audio visual technicians. The following counties have the largest number of Minnesota visual communications professionals:
- Anoka County - 5,080 visual communications professionals
- Becker County - 260 visual communications professionals
- Brown County - 250 visual communications professionals
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts by 2018, an estimated 7,600 visual communications professionals will be working in Minnesota. This would require the number of visual communications professional to grow by 2%.
visual communications professionals in Minnesota earn $46,123 per year on average. However, this number is only an average. Visual communications professional in Minnesota had varying salaries from $19,350 to $80,420 per year in 2010. On average visual communications professional earn the most in the following Minnesota counties:
- Anoka County - $46,948 per year
- Dodge County - $44,290 per year
- Benton County - $42,060 per year
The following counties in Minnesota have the lowest average salaries for visual communications professional:
- Big Stone County - $31,440 per year
- Aitkin County - $31,890 per year
- Becker County - $32,480 per year
On average, the highest paid visual communications professionals in Minnesota were:
- Audio Visual Technician - $47,500 per year
- Video Editor - $46,380 per year
- Graphic Designer - $45,640 per year
The visual communications professionals with lowest average salaries in Minnesota were:
- Graphic Designer - $45,640 per year
- Artist - $44,970 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Minnesota statistics regarding a career in visual communications and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as visual communications or art.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Visual Communications in Minnesota
- Bachelor's Degree in Visual Communications in Minnesota
- Master's Degree in Visual Communications in Minnesota
- Certificate in Visual Communications in Minnesota
Curious what studying Visual Communications gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Minnesota
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Audio and Video Equipment Technicians||780||$47,500||52.9%|
|Fine Artists, Including Painters, Sculptors, and Illustrators||250||$44,970||-7.4%|
|Film and Video Editors||170||$46,380||-10.5%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are visual communications related jobs in Minnesota