There are schools offering x ray technician programs in Minnesota!
Schools Offering X Ray Technology Programs in Minnesota
Minnesota West Community and Technical College, which is located in Granite Falls, is the top-ranked school in Minnesota that has a x ray technician program. It received a ranking of 79th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Minnesota West Community and Technical College graduated 6 students from its x ray technician program. Students at Minnesota West Community and Technical College paid $5,154 per year in tuition fees.
Argosy University-Twin Cities, which is located in Saint Paul, is the second-ranked school in Minnesota that has a x ray technician program. It received a ranking of 81st in the country in 2010. In 2010, 48 students graduated from Argosy University-Twin Cities x ray technician program. Argosy University-Twin Cities charged in-state students $19,812 in tuition fees per year.
The third-ranked school in Minnesota with a x ray technician program is Riverland Community College, which is located in Austin. In 2010, it was ranked 82nd nationwide. 15 students graduated with degree in x ray technician from Riverland Community College in 2010. Students at Riverland Community College paid $5,070 per year in tuition fees.
If you choose to attend a Minnesota x ray technician school, average tuition will be $6,093 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $4,608 per year to $19,812 per year. In 2010, the x ray technician schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Minnesota were:
- Argosy University-Twin Cities - located in Saint Paul, students are charged $19,812 per year
- Minnesota West Community and Technical College - located in Granite Falls, students are charged $5,154 per year
- Normandale Community College - located in Minneapolis, students are charged $5,125 per year
The following Minnesota x ray technician schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Lake Superior College - located in Duluth, students are charged $4,608 per year
- Century Community and Technical College - located in Saint Paul, students are charged $4,934 per year
- Minnesota State Community and Technical College - located in Fergus Falls, students are charged $5,033 per year
A x ray technician degree from a Minnesota school... what next?
Most people who graduate from x ray technician school in Minnesota go on to work as a x ray technician. 4,420 x ray technicians were working in Minnesota in 2010. The Minnesota counties with the largest populations of x ray technicians are:
- Anoka County - 2,720 x ray technicians
- Dodge County - 470 x ray technicians
- Becker County - 310 x ray technicians
The government projects that by 2018, the number of x ray technicians in the state of Minnesota will grow to 5,730. This would require a 24% growth in the profession.
On average, a x ray technician earns a salary of $59,000 per year in Minnesota state. The counties in Minnesota with the highest average salary for a x ray technician are:
- Dodge County - $67,610 per year
- Anoka County - $60,700 per year
- Benton County - $55,880 per year
On average, x ray technicians earns the least in the following Minnesota counties:
- Big Stone County - $47,590 per year
- Blue Earth County - $51,630 per year
- Aitkin County - $51,660 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Minnesota statistics regarding a career in x ray technology and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as radiology technology or x ray technology.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in X Ray Technology in Minnesota
Curious what studying X Ray Technician gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Minnesota
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Radiologic technologists and technicians||4,340||$57,520|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are x ray technician related jobs in Minnesota