There are schools offering administrative assistant courses in Mississippi!
Schools Offering Administrative Assisting Programs in Mississippi
Approximately 0.5% of graduates in of Mississippi receive administrative assisting certificates every year. Thus, Mississippi's 19 administrative assistant schools put out approximately 322 administrative assistants each year.
Pearl River Community College, which was ranked 69th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Mississippi that has a administrative assistant program. It is located in Poplarville. In 2010, Pearl River Community College graduated 14 students from its administrative assistant program. The tuition rate at Pearl River Community College was $2,180 per year.
Virginia College-Biloxi, which was ranked 70th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Mississippi that has a administrative assistant program. It is located in Biloxi. In 2010, Virginia College-Biloxi graduated 10 students from its administrative assistant program. Virginia College-Biloxi charged in-state students $12,400 in tuition fees per year.
The third-ranked school in Mississippi with a administrative assistant program is East Central Community College, which is located in Decatur. In 2010, it was ranked 80th nationwide. In 2010, 7 students graduated from East Central Community College administrative assistant program. The tuition rate at East Central Community College was $1,980 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Mississippi's administrative assistant schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $3,899 per year, though tuition can range from $14,850 per year to $1,680 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Mississippi administrative assistant schools were charged at the following schools:
- Antonelli College - located in Jackson, students are charged $14,850 per year
- Antonelli College - located in Hattiesburg, students are charged $14,850 per year
- Virginia College-Biloxi - located in Biloxi, students are charged $12,400 per year
The following Mississippi administrative assistant schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Itawamba Community College - located in Fulton, students are charged $1,680 per year
- Holmes Community College - located in Goodman, students are charged $1,938 per year
- Northwest Mississippi Community College - located in Senatobia, students are charged $1,950 per year
An administrative assistant certificate from a Mississippi school... what next?
Most people who graduate from administrative assistant school in Mississippi go on to work as an administrative assistant. In 2010, there were 4,990 administrative assistants working in Mississippi. In Mississippi, the largest numbers of administrative assistants work in the following counties:
- Copiah County - 1,950 administrative assistants
- Alcorn County - 850 administrative assistants
- Attala County - 470 administrative assistants
The government projects that by 2018, the number of administrative assistants in the state of Mississippi will grow to 6,760. This would require a 14% growth in the profession.
On average, administrative assistants earn $36,130 per year. However, Mississippi administrative assistants earned anywhere in the range from as less than $22,100 per year to more than $59,810 per year in 2010. The counties in Mississippi with the highest average salary for an administrative assistant are:
- Hancock County - $38,990 per year
- Adams County - $38,240 per year
- Clarke County - $37,740 per year
The following counties in Mississippi have the lowest average salaries for administrative assistants:
- Attala County - $33,650 per year
- Alcorn County - $34,450 per year
- Copiah County - $35,870 per year
For more data regarding a career in administrative assisting in Mississippi and to compare salaries with various related fields such as administrative assisting or business administration, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Administrative Assisting in Mississippi
- Certificate in Administrative Assisting in Mississippi
Curious what studying Administrative Assistant gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Mississippi
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Secretaries and Administrative Assistants, Except Legal, Medical, and Executive||24,920||$26,510||13.2%|
|Office Clerks, General||13,200||$22,610||-7.6%|
|Executive Secretaries and Executive Administrative Assistants||4,990||$36,130||-21.2%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are administrative assistant related jobs in Mississippi