There are schools offering automotive training in Mississippi!
Schools Offering Automotive Repair Programs in Mississippi
Approximately 0.4% of graduates in of Mississippi receive automotive repair certificates every year. That means an estimated 254 automotive mechanics graduate from Mississippi's 15 automotive schools each year.
Pearl River Community College, which is located in Poplarville, is the top-ranked school in Mississippi that has a automotive program. It received a ranking of 69th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Pearl River Community College graduated 13 students from its automotive program. The tuition rate at Pearl River Community College was $2,180 per year.
East Central Community College, which was ranked 80th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Mississippi that has a automotive program. It is located in Decatur. In 2010, 8 students graduated from East Central Community College automotive program. Students at East Central Community College paid $1,980 per year in tuition fees.
Hinds Community College, which is located in Raymond, is the third-ranked school in Mississippi that has a automotive program. It received a ranking of 81st in the country in 2010. In 2010, Hinds Community College graduated 43 students from its automotive programs. Tuition at Hinds Community College was $2,060 per year.
If you choose to attend a Mississippi automotive school, average tuition will be $2,132 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $1,680 per year to $2,712 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Mississippi automotive schools were charged at the following schools:
- Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College - located in Perkinston, students are charged $2,712 per year
- East Mississippi Community College - located in Scooba, students are charged $2,350 per year
- Jones County Junior College - located in Ellisville, students are charged $2,320 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Mississippi automotive schools were charged at the following schools:
- Itawamba Community College - located in Fulton, students are charged $1,680 per year
- Holmes Community College - located in Goodman, students are charged $1,938 per year
- Northwest Mississippi Community College - located in Senatobia, students are charged $1,950 per year
An automotive certificate from a Mississippi school... what next?
The highest percentage of automotive graduates in Mississippi pursue careers as an automotive mechanic. Mississippi had 4,450 automotive mechanics in 2010. The largest populations of Mississippi automotive mechanics are working in the following counties:
- Copiah County - 930 automotive mechanics
- Alcorn County - 770 automotive mechanics
- Clarke County - 610 automotive mechanics
The government projects that by 2018, the number of automotive mechanics in the state of Mississippi will grow to 7,950. This would require a 13% growth in the profession.
An automotive mechanic in Mississippi earns $30,960 per year on average. In 2010, however, some Mississippi automotive mechanics earned as little as less than $16,620 per year or as much as more than $52,000 per year. The counties in Mississippi with the highest average salary for an automotive mechanic are:
- Hancock County - $33,090 per year
- Forrest County - $32,360 per year
- Copiah County - $32,000 per year
An automotive mechanic in the following counties in Mississippi make the lowest salaries on average:
- Alcorn County - $26,250 per year
- Attala County - $28,280 per year
- Adams County - $29,210 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Mississippi statistics regarding a career in automotive repair. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as automotive or plumbing.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Automotive Repair in Mississippi
- Certificate in Automotive Repair in Mississippi
Curious what studying Automotive gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Mississippi
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Automotive Service Technicians and Mechanics||4,450||$30,960||-20.0%|
|Bus and Truck Mechanics and Diesel Engine Specialists||2,110||$34,850||-8.7%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are automotive related jobs in Mississippi