There are schools offering beauty programs in Mississippi!
Schools Offering Beauty Programs in Mississippi
Creations College of Cosmetology, which was ranked 66th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Mississippi that has a beauty program. It is located in Tupelo. In 2010, Creations College of Cosmetology graduated 20 students from its beauty program.
The second-ranked school in Mississippi that has a beauty program is J & J Hair Design College. J & J Hair Design College, which was ranked 67th in the country in 2010, is located in Gulfport. 25 students graduated with certificate in beauty from J & J Hair Design College in 2010.
The third-ranked school in Mississippi with a beauty program is Corinth Academy of Cosmetology, which is located in Corinth. In 2010, it was ranked 68th nationwide. 27 students graduated with certificate in beauty from Corinth Academy of Cosmetology in 2010. Tuition at Corinth Academy of Cosmetology was $0 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Mississippi's beauty schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $837 per year, though tuition can range from $2,712 per year to $1,938 per year. In 2010, the following Mississippi beauty schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College - located in Perkinston, students are charged $2,712 per year
- East Mississippi Community College - located in Scooba, students are charged $2,350 per year
- Jones County Junior College - located in Ellisville, students are charged $2,320 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Mississippi beauty schools were charged at the following schools:
- Holmes Community College - located in Goodman, students are charged $1,938 per year
- Northwest Mississippi Community College - located in Senatobia, students are charged $1,950 per year
- East Central Community College - located in Decatur, students are charged $1,980 per year
A beauty certificate from a Mississippi school... what next?
Barber, esthetician, cosmetology instructor, and salon manager are the professions of choice for a majority of beauty graduates in Mississippi. Mississippi had 2,780 beauty professionals in 2010. 1,190 of these beauty professionals were hairdressers, 40 were barbers, and were estheticians. The following counties have the largest number of Mississippi beauty professionals:
- Copiah County - 670 beauty professionals
- Alcorn County - 580 beauty professionals
- Hancock County - 380 beauty professionals
The government projects that the number of beauty professionals in Mississippi will grow by 11%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 4,840 beauty professionals working in Mississippi. The greatest growth for beauty professional is predicted to be amongst Salon Managers, who are expected to increase by 12% by 2018.
beauty professionals in Mississippi earn $27,488 per year on average. However, this number is only an average. Beauty professional in Mississippi had varying salaries from $15,680 to $75,450 per year in 2010. On average beauty professional earn the most in the following Mississippi counties:
- Alcorn County - $37,553 per year
- Adams County - $34,465 per year
- Clarke County - $31,955 per year
The Mississippi counties with the lowest average salary for beauty professionals are:
- Forrest County - $21,450 per year
- Hancock County - $27,800 per year
- Attala County - $29,923 per year
The beauty professionals with highest average salaries in Mississippi were:
- Cosmetology Instructor - $42,460 per year
- Salon Manager - $30,050 per year
- Hairdresser - $25,190 per year
The beauty professionals with lowest average salaries in Mississippi were:
- Esthetician - $19,970 per year
- Barber - $19,770 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Mississippi statistics regarding a career in beauty. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as cosmetology or fashion.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Certificate in Beauty in Mississippi
Curious what studying Beauty gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Mississippi
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Hairdressers, Hairstylists, and Cosmetologists||1,190||$25,190||-3.3%|
|Vocational Education Teachers, Postsecondary||1,180||$42,460||-22.9%|
|First-Line Supervisors of Personal Service Workers||370||$30,050||-5.1%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are beauty related jobs in Mississippi