There are schools offering bookkeeping courses in Mississippi!
Schools Offering Bookkeeping Programs in Mississippi
Around 0.1% of Mississippi's graduates graduate from bookkeeping certificate programs every year. In other words, every year an estimated 58 bookkeeping clerks graduate from Mississippi's 7 bookkeeping schools.
Hinds Community College, which is located in Raymond, is the top-ranked school in Mississippi that has a bookkeeping program. It received a ranking of 81st in the country in 2010. 27 students graduated with a certificate in bookkeeping from Hinds Community College in 2010. Students at Hinds Community College paid $2,060 per year in tuition fees.
The second-ranked school in Mississippi that has a bookkeeping program is Holmes Community College. Holmes Community College, which was ranked 81st in the country in 2010, is located in Goodman. In 2010, 8 students graduated from Holmes Community College bookkeeping program. Students at Holmes Community College paid $1,938 per year in tuition fees.
The third-ranked school in Mississippi with a bookkeeping program is Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College, which is located in Perkinston. In 2010, it was ranked 81st nationwide. 13 students graduated with certificate in bookkeeping from Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College in 2010. Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College charged in-state students $2,712 in tuition fees per year.
Tuition at Mississippi's bookkeeping schools ranges from $14,850 per year to $1,938 per year. But, the average tuition is $3,954 per year. In 2010, the bookkeeping schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Mississippi were:
- Antonelli College - located in Jackson, students are charged $14,850 per year
- Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College - located in Perkinston, students are charged $2,712 per year
- Northeast Mississippi Community College - located in Booneville, students are charged $2,130 per year
The following Mississippi bookkeeping schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Holmes Community College - located in Goodman, students are charged $1,938 per year
- Northwest Mississippi Community College - located in Senatobia, students are charged $1,950 per year
- Coahoma Community College - located in Clarksdale, students are charged $2,040 per year
A bookkeeping certificate from a Mississippi school... what next?
Most people who graduate from bookkeeping school in Mississippi go on to work as a bookkeeping clerk. If you decide to work as a bookkeeping clerk in Mississippi, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 15,560 Mississippi bookkeeping clerks as of 2010. The largest populations of Mississippi bookkeeping clerks are working in the following counties:
- Copiah County - 3,770 bookkeeping clerks
- Alcorn County - 2,700 bookkeeping clerks
- Clarke County - 1,900 bookkeeping clerks
The government projects that by 2018, the number of bookkeeping clerks in the state of Mississippi will grow to 23,280. This would require a 14% growth in the profession.
On average, bookkeeping clerks earn $31,660 per year. However, Mississippi bookkeeping clerks earned anywhere in the range from as less than $17,750 per year to more than $49,200 per year in 2010. On average a bookkeeping clerk earns the most in the following Mississippi counties:
- Copiah County - $33,970 per year
- Hancock County - $33,330 per year
- Adams County - $32,260 per year
On average, bookkeeping clerks earns the least in the following Mississippi counties:
- Clarke County - $28,850 per year
- Attala County - $30,010 per year
- George County - $30,570 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Mississippi statistics regarding a career in bookkeeping. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as small business or finance.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Bookkeeping in Mississippi
Curious what studying Bookkeeping gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Mississippi
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Bookkeeping, Accounting, and Auditing Clerks||15,560||$31,660||0.9%|
|Billing and Posting Clerks||3,880||$27,780||-3.5%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are bookkeeping related jobs in Mississippi