There are schools offering business administration degrees in Mississippi!
Schools Offering Business Administration Programs in Mississippi
Approximately 2.9% of graduates in of Mississippi receive business administration degrees every year. In other words, every year an estimated 2,042 general managers graduate from Mississippi's 25 business administration schools.
The top-ranked school in Mississippi with a business administration program is Mississippi State University, which is located in Mississippi State. In 2010, it was ranked 64th nationwide. 354 students graduated with a degree in business administration from Mississippi State University in 2010. Mississippi State University charged in-state students $5,461 in tuition fees per year.
The second-ranked school in Mississippi with a business administration program is University of Mississippi Main Campus, which is located in University. In 2010, it was ranked 66th nationwide. In 2010, University of Mississippi Main Campus graduated 228 students from its business administration program. University of Mississippi Main Campus charged in-state students $5,436 in tuition fees per year.
University of Southern Mississippi, which is located in Hattiesburg, is the third-ranked school in Mississippi that has a business administration program. It received a ranking of 70th in the country in 2010. In 2010, University of Southern Mississippi graduated 180 students from its business administration programs. The tuition rate at University of Southern Mississippi was $5,452 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Mississippi's business administration schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $7,354 per year, though tuition can range from $27,812 per year to $1,680 per year. The Mississippi business administration schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Millsaps College - located in Jackson, students are charged $27,812 per year
- ITT Technical Institute - located in Madison, students are charged $18,048 per year
- Belhaven University - located in Jackson, students are charged $17,700 per year
The following Mississippi business administration schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Itawamba Community College - located in Fulton, students are charged $1,680 per year
- Northwest Mississippi Community College - located in Senatobia, students are charged $1,950 per year
- East Central Community College - located in Decatur, students are charged $1,980 per year
A business administration degree from a Mississippi school... what next?
Most people who graduate from business administration school in Mississippi go on to work as a general manager. 15,460 general managers were working in Mississippi in 2010. The largest populations of Mississippi general managers are working in the following counties:
- Copiah County - 4,570 general managers
- Alcorn County - 2,900 general managers
- Attala County - 1,560 general managers
The government projects that by 2018, the number of general managers in the state of Mississippi will grow to 15,750. This would require a 6% growth in the profession.
On average, general managers earn $87,910 per year. But, salaries for general managers can vary. In 2010, general managers made as little as less than $36,450 per year or as much as more than $159,150 per year in Mississippi. A general manager in the following Mississippi counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Copiah County - $94,940 per year
- George County - $92,470 per year
- Clarke County - $89,670 per year
A general manager in the following counties in Mississippi make the lowest salaries on average:
- Adams County - $80,990 per year
- Alcorn County - $82,030 per year
- Attala County - $83,520 per year
For more data regarding a career in business administration in Mississippi and to compare salaries with various related fields such as project management or administrative assisting, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Business Administration in Mississippi
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration in Mississippi
- Master's Degree in Business Administration in Mississippi
- Doctoral Degree in Business Administration in Mississippi
Curious what studying Business Administration gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Mississippi
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|General and Operations Managers||15,460||$87,910||3.6%|
|Administrative Services Managers||2,020||$53,740||-20.8%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are business administration related jobs in Mississippi