There are schools offering business degrees in Mississippi!
Schools Offering Business Programs in Mississippi
Each year, approximately 6.3% of Mississippi graduates receive degrees in business. In other words, every year an estimated 4,495 business professionals graduate from Mississippi's 36 business schools.
The top-ranked school in Mississippi that has a business program is Mississippi State University. Mississippi State University, which was ranked 64th in the country in 2010, is located in Mississippi State. 760 students graduated with a degree in business from Mississippi State University in 2010. Tuition at Mississippi State University was $5,461 per year.
The second-ranked school in Mississippi that has a business program is University of Mississippi Main Campus. University of Mississippi Main Campus, which was ranked 66th in the country in 2010, is located in University. In 2010, 914 students graduated from University of Mississippi Main Campus business program. Tuition at University of Mississippi Main Campus was $5,436 per year.
The third-ranked school in Mississippi that has a business program is Pearl River Community College. Pearl River Community College, which was ranked 69th in the country in 2010, is located in Poplarville. In 2010, Pearl River Community College graduated 16 students from its business programs. The tuition rate at Pearl River Community College was $2,180 per year.
Business schools in Mississippi, charge students an average tuition of $6,377 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $27,812 per year, or as little as $1,680 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Mississippi business schools were charged at the following schools:
- Millsaps College - located in Jackson, students are charged $27,812 per year
- ITT Technical Institute - located in Madison, students are charged $18,048 per year
- Belhaven University - located in Jackson, students are charged $17,700 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Mississippi business schools were charged at the following schools:
- Itawamba Community College - located in Fulton, students are charged $1,680 per year
- Holmes Community College - located in Goodman, students are charged $1,938 per year
- Northwest Mississippi Community College - located in Senatobia, students are charged $1,950 per year
A business degree from a Mississippi school... what next?
Some of the most popular jobs business graduates in Mississippi pursue include chief executive officer, operations manager, business professor, accountant, and budget analyst. Mississippi had 34,200 business professionals in 2010. 930 of these business professionals were business analysts, 1,860 were chief executive officers, and 15,460 were operations managers. In Mississippi, the largest numbers of business professional work in the following counties:
- Copiah County - 11,810 business professionals
- Alcorn County - 5,570 business professionals
- Hancock County - 3,220 business professionals
The government projects that, by 2018, the number of business professionals in the state of Mississippi will grow to 42,120. This would require a 17% growth in the field.
business professionals in Mississippi make an average of $62,029 per year. But, salaries for business professional can vary. In 2010, business professional made as little as less than $21,650 per year or as much as more than $162,880 per year in Mississippi. On average business professional earn the most in the following Mississippi counties:
- George County - $74,188 per year
- Clarke County - $73,287 per year
- Adams County - $71,732 per year
The Mississippi counties with the lowest average salary for business professionals are:
- Alcorn County - $63,662 per year
- Copiah County - $67,660 per year
- Hancock County - $67,725 per year
The business professionals with highest average salaries in Mississippi were:
- Chief Executive Officer - $127,050 per year
- Operations Manager - $87,910 per year
- Human Resources Manager - $79,350 per year
The business professionals with lowest average salaries in Mississippi were:
- Credit Counselor - $40,610 per year
- Financial Advisor - per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Mississippi statistics regarding a career in business and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as business administration or advertising.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Business in Mississippi
- Bachelor's Degree in Business in Mississippi
- Master's Degree in Business in Mississippi
- Doctoral Degree in Business in Mississippi
- Certificate in Business in Mississippi
Curious what studying Business gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Mississippi
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|General and Operations Managers||15,460||$87,910||3.6%|
|Accountants and Auditors||4,710||$55,660||1.3%|
|Administrative Services Managers||2,020||$53,740||-20.8%|
|Business Teachers, Postsecondary||720||$57,440||-25.0%|
|Personal Financial Advisors||480||n/a||14.3%|
|Human Resources Managers||120||$79,350|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are business related jobs in Mississippi