There are schools offering civil engineering degrees in Mississippi!
Schools Offering Civil Engineering Programs in Mississippi
Each year, roughly 0.2% of Mississippi students graduate with degrees in civil engineering. In other words, every year an estimated 123 civil engineers graduate from Mississippi's 6 civil engineering schools.
Mississippi State University, which is located in Mississippi State, is the top-ranked school in Mississippi that has a civil engineering program. It received a ranking of 64th in the country in 2010. 59 students graduated with a degree in civil engineering from Mississippi State University in 2010. Mississippi State University charged in-state students $5,461 in tuition fees per year.
The second-ranked school in Mississippi with a civil engineering program is University of Mississippi Main Campus, which is located in University. In 2010, it was ranked 66th nationwide. In 2010, 27 students graduated from University of Mississippi Main Campus civil engineering program. The tuition rate at University of Mississippi Main Campus was $5,436 per year.
Jackson State University, which is located in Jackson, is the third-ranked school in Mississippi that has a civil engineering program. It received a ranking of 72nd in the country in 2010. In 2010, 21 students graduated from Jackson State University civil engineering program. The tuition rate at Jackson State University was $5,050 per year.
Civil engineering schools in Mississippi, charge students an average tuition of $3,725 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $5,461 per year, or as little as $1,950 per year. The Mississippi civil engineering schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Mississippi State University - located in Mississippi State, students are charged $5,461 per year
- University of Mississippi Main Campus - located in University, students are charged $5,436 per year
- Jackson State University - located in Jackson, students are charged $5,050 per year
The civil engineering schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Mississippi were:
- Northwest Mississippi Community College - located in Senatobia, students are charged $1,950 per year
- Northeast Mississippi Community College - located in Booneville, students are charged $2,130 per year
- Jones County Junior College - located in Ellisville, students are charged $2,320 per year
A civil engineering degree from a Mississippi school... what next?
The highest percentage of civil engineering graduates in Mississippi pursue careers as a civil engineer. If you decide to work as a civil engineer in Mississippi, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 1,960 Mississippi civil engineers as of 2010. In Mississippi, the largest numbers of civil engineers work in the following counties:
- Adams County - 610 civil engineers
- Copiah County - 580 civil engineers
- Hancock County - 210 civil engineers
The government projects that the number of civil engineers in Mississippi will grow by 19%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 2,460 civil engineers working in Mississippi.
On average, a civil engineer earns a salary of $77,490 per year in Mississippi state. In 2010, however, some Mississippi civil engineers earned as little as less than $41,980 per year or as much as more than $140,000 per year. The counties in Mississippi with the highest average salary for a civil engineer are:
- Adams County - $90,770 per year
- Forrest County - $74,940 per year
- Alcorn County - $73,440 per year
A civil engineer in the following counties in Mississippi make the lowest salaries on average:
- Attala County - $67,990 per year
- George County - $69,230 per year
- Copiah County - $70,900 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Mississippi statistics regarding a career in civil engineering. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as civil engineering or drafting.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Civil Engineering in Mississippi
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering in Mississippi
- Master's Degree in Civil Engineering in Mississippi
Curious what studying Civil Engineering gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Mississippi
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Civil Engineering Technicians||1,310||$35,060||15.9%|
|Architectural and Civil Drafters||600||$43,620||7.1%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are civil engineering related jobs in Mississippi