There are schools offering communications degreess in Mississippi!
Schools Offering Communications Programs in Mississippi
Around 0.4% of Mississippi's graduates graduate from communications degree programs every year. That means an estimated 297 communications professionals graduate from Mississippi's 12 communications schools each year.
Mississippi State University, which was ranked 64th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Mississippi that has a communications program. It is located in Mississippi State. 125 students graduated with a degree in communications from Mississippi State University in 2010. Students at Mississippi State University paid $5,461 per year in tuition fees.
The second-ranked school in Mississippi with a communications program is University of Southern Mississippi, which is located in Hattiesburg. In 2010, it was ranked 70th nationwide. In 2010, 37 students graduated from University of Southern Mississippi communications program. Students at University of Southern Mississippi paid $5,452 per year in tuition fees.
The third-ranked school in Mississippi with a communications program is Belhaven University, which is located in Jackson. In 2010, it was ranked 71st nationwide. 8 students graduated with degree in communications from Belhaven University in 2010. Tuition at Belhaven University was $17,700 per year.
If you choose to attend a Mississippi communications school, average tuition will be $6,921 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $2,060 per year to $17,700 per year. In 2010, the following Mississippi communications schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Belhaven University - located in Jackson, students are charged $17,700 per year
- Mississippi College - located in Clinton, students are charged $13,530 per year
- William Carey University - located in Hattiesburg, students are charged $10,350 per year
The following Mississippi communications schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Hinds Community College - located in Raymond, students are charged $2,060 per year
- Copiah-Lincoln Community College - located in Wesson, students are charged $2,100 per year
- Northeast Mississippi Community College - located in Booneville, students are charged $2,130 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Mississippi statistics regarding a career in communications and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as advertising or business writing.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Communications in Mississippi
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications in Mississippi
- Master's Degree in Communications in Mississippi
- Doctoral Degree in Communications in Mississippi
Curious what studying Communications gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Mississippi
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Advertising Sales Agents||880||$38,420||-11.1%|
|Radio and Television Announcers||370||$28,450||-38.3%|
|Reporters and Correspondents||280||$35,130||-26.3%|
|Writers and Authors||260||$47,760||-10.3%|
|Demonstrators and Product Promoters||210||$26,640||-16.0%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are communications related jobs in Mississippi