There are schools offering computer networking courses in Mississippi!
Schools Offering Computer Networking Programs in Mississippi
Approximately 0.2% of graduates in of Mississippi receive computer networking degrees every year. That means an estimated 151 computer network administrators graduate from Mississippi's 16 computer networking schools each year.
Alcorn State University, which is located in Lorman, is the top-ranked school in Mississippi that has a computer networking program. It received a ranking of 76th in the country in 2010. 4 students graduated with a degree in computer networking from Alcorn State University in 2010. Alcorn State University charged in-state students $4,858 in tuition fees per year.
East Central Community College, which is located in Decatur, is the second-ranked school in Mississippi that has a computer networking program. It received a ranking of 80th in the country in 2010. In 2010, East Central Community College graduated 7 students from its computer networking program. Students at East Central Community College paid $1,980 per year in tuition fees.
The third-ranked school in Mississippi that has a computer networking program is Hinds Community College. Hinds Community College, which was ranked 81st in the country in 2010, is located in Raymond. In 2010, 36 students graduated from Hinds Community College computer networking program. The tuition rate at Hinds Community College was $2,060 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Mississippi's computer networking schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $3,962 per year, though tuition can range from $18,048 per year to $1,680 per year. The Mississippi computer networking schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- ITT Technical Institute - located in Madison, students are charged $18,048 per year
- Antonelli College - located in Jackson, students are charged $14,850 per year
- Alcorn State University - located in Lorman, students are charged $4,858 per year
The computer networking schools in Mississippi that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Itawamba Community College - located in Fulton, students are charged $1,680 per year
- Holmes Community College - located in Goodman, students are charged $1,938 per year
- Northwest Mississippi Community College - located in Senatobia, students are charged $1,950 per year
A computer networking degree from a Mississippi school... what next?
Most people who graduate from computer networking school in Mississippi go on to work as a computer network administrator. Mississippi had 1,460 computer network administrators in 2010. In Mississippi, the largest numbers of computer network administrators work in the following counties:
- Copiah County - 630 computer network administrators
- Alcorn County - 210 computer network administrators
- Hancock County - 160 computer network administrators
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 1,860 computer network administrators will be working in Mississippi state. This would require the number of computer network administrators to grow by 26%.
A computer network administrator in Mississippi earns $52,330 per year on average. A computer network administrator in the following Mississippi counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- George County - $60,840 per year
- Hancock County - $53,630 per year
- Copiah County - $52,620 per year
A computer network administrator in the following counties in Mississippi make the lowest salaries on average:
- Forrest County - $47,130 per year
- Attala County - $47,680 per year
- Adams County - $49,300 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Mississippi statistics regarding a career in computer networking. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as computer science or computer networking.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Computer Networking in Mississippi
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Networking in Mississippi
Curious what studying Computer Networking gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Mississippi
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Forensic Science Technicians||100||$51,410||25.0%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are computer networking related jobs in Mississippi