There are schools offering computer programming courses in Mississippi!
Schools Offering Computer Programming Programs in Mississippi
Around 0.1% of Mississippi's graduates graduate from computer programming degree programs every year. Thus, Mississippi's 12 computer programming schools put out approximately 54 computer programmers each year.
The top-ranked school in Mississippi that has a computer programming program is Pearl River Community College. Pearl River Community College, which was ranked 69th in the country in 2010, is located in Poplarville. In 2010, Pearl River Community College graduated no students from its computer programming program. Students at Pearl River Community College paid $2,180 per year in tuition fees.
The second-ranked school in Mississippi that has a computer programming program is East Central Community College. East Central Community College, which was ranked 80th in the country in 2010, is located in Decatur. In 2010, East Central Community College graduated 6 students from its computer programming program. Tuition at East Central Community College was $1,980 per year.
The third-ranked school in Mississippi that has a computer programming program is Hinds Community College. Hinds Community College, which was ranked 81st in the country in 2010, is located in Raymond. 4 students graduated with degree in computer programming from Hinds Community College in 2010. The tuition rate at Hinds Community College was $2,060 per year.
Tuition at Mississippi's computer programming schools ranges from $18,048 per year to $1,680 per year. But, the average tuition is $3,444 per year. The Mississippi computer programming schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- ITT Technical Institute - located in Madison, students are charged $18,048 per year
- Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College - located in Perkinston, students are charged $2,712 per year
- Jones County Junior College - located in Ellisville, students are charged $2,320 per year
The following Mississippi computer programming schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Itawamba Community College - located in Fulton, students are charged $1,680 per year
- Holmes Community College - located in Goodman, students are charged $1,938 per year
- Northwest Mississippi Community College - located in Senatobia, students are charged $1,950 per year
A computer programming degree from a Mississippi school... what next?
Most people who graduate from computer programming school in Mississippi go on to work as a computer programmer. In 2010, there were 1,120 computer programmers working in Mississippi. The following counties have the largest number of Mississippi computer programmers:
- Copiah County - 570 computer programmers
- Hancock County - 160 computer programmers
- Alcorn County - 130 computer programmers
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 1,360 computer programmers will be working in Mississippi state. This would require the number of computer programmers to grow by 1%.
A computer programmer in Mississippi makes an average of $53,960 per year. The following counties in Mississippi have the highest average salaries for computer programmers:
- Clarke County - $58,700 per year
- Copiah County - $54,850 per year
- Hancock County - $54,570 per year
The Mississippi counties with the lowest average salary for computer programmers are:
- Attala County - $47,820 per year
- Forrest County - $48,790 per year
- Alcorn County - $50,640 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Mississippi statistics regarding a career in computer programming and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as computer programming or computer science.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Computer Programming in Mississippi
- Certificate in Computer Programming in Mississippi
Curious what studying Computer Programming gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Mississippi
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Forensic Science Technicians||100||$51,410||25.0%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are computer programming related jobs in Mississippi