There are schools offering cosmetology programs in Mississippi!
Schools Offering Cosmetology Programs in Mississippi
The top-ranked school in Mississippi that has a cosmetology program is Creations College of Cosmetology. Creations College of Cosmetology, which was ranked 66th in the country in 2010, is located in Tupelo. In 2010, 20 students graduated from Creations College of Cosmetology's cosmetology program.
The second-ranked school in Mississippi that has a cosmetology program is J & J Hair Design College. J & J Hair Design College, which was ranked 67th in the country in 2010, is located in Gulfport. 25 students graduated with certificate in cosmetology from J & J Hair Design College in 2010.
The third-ranked school in Mississippi that has a cosmetology program is Blue Cliff College. Blue Cliff College, which was ranked 68th in the country in 2010, is located in Gulfport. 47 students graduated with certificate in cosmetology from Blue Cliff College in 2010. Tuition at Blue Cliff College was $15,468 per year.
If you choose to attend a Mississippi cosmetology school, average tuition will be $1,294 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $1,938 per year to $15,468 per year. The Mississippi cosmetology schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Blue Cliff College - located in Gulfport, students are charged $15,468 per year
- Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College - located in Perkinston, students are charged $2,712 per year
- East Mississippi Community College - located in Scooba, students are charged $2,350 per year
The cosmetology schools in Mississippi that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Holmes Community College - located in Goodman, students are charged $1,938 per year
- Northwest Mississippi Community College - located in Senatobia, students are charged $1,950 per year
- East Central Community College - located in Decatur, students are charged $1,980 per year
A cosmetology certificate from a Mississippi school... what next?
The highest percentage of cosmetology graduates in Mississippi pursue careers as a cosmetologist. 1,190 cosmetologists were working in Mississippi in 2010. The Mississippi counties with the largest populations of cosmetologists are:
- Alcorn County - 300 cosmetologists
- Copiah County - 220 cosmetologists
- Forrest County - 170 cosmetologists
The government projects that the number of cosmetologists in Mississippi will grow by 11%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 3,780 cosmetologists working in Mississippi.
A cosmetologist in Mississippi earns $25,190 per year on average. However, this number is only an average. cosmetologists in Mississippi had varying salaries from $15,680 to $53,180 per year in 2010. The following counties in Mississippi have the highest average salaries for cosmetologists:
- Alcorn County - $31,530 per year
- Copiah County - $23,890 per year
- Clarke County - $23,610 per year
The following counties in Mississippi have the lowest average salaries for cosmetologists:
- Hancock County - $19,910 per year
- Forrest County - $21,450 per year
- Attala County - $21,800 per year
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Certificate in Cosmetology in Mississippi
Curious what studying Cosmetology gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Mississippi
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Hairdressers, Hairstylists, and Cosmetologists||1,190||$25,190||-3.3%|
|Manicurists and Pedicurists||80||$22,850|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are cosmetology related jobs in Mississippi