There are schools offering dental hygienist programs in Mississippi!
Schools Offering Dental Hygiene Programs in Mississippi
Each year, approximately 0.1% of Mississippi graduates receive degrees in dental hygiene. In other words, every year an estimated 87 dental hygienists graduate from Mississippi's 8 dental hygienist schools.
The top-ranked school in Mississippi with a dental hygienist program is Pearl River Community College, which is located in Poplarville. In 2010, it was ranked 69th nationwide. 16 students graduated with a degree in dental hygienist from Pearl River Community College in 2010. The tuition rate at Pearl River Community College was $2,180 per year.
The second-ranked school in Mississippi that has a dental hygienist program is Hinds Community College. Hinds Community College, which was ranked 81st in the country in 2010, is located in Raymond. In 2010, Hinds Community College graduated 3 students from its dental hygienist program. Hinds Community College charged in-state students $2,060 in tuition fees per year.
Copiah-Lincoln Community College, which is located in Wesson, is the third-ranked school in Mississippi that has a dental hygienist program. It received a ranking of 81st in the country in 2010. 0 students graduated with degree in dental hygienist from Copiah-Lincoln Community College in 2010. Copiah-Lincoln Community College charged in-state students $2,100 in tuition fees per year.
If you choose to attend a Mississippi dental hygienist school, average tuition will be $1,859 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $1,950 per year to $2,230 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Mississippi dental hygienist schools were charged at the following schools:
- Meridian Community College - located in Meridian, students are charged $2,230 per year
- Mississippi Delta Community College - located in Moorhead, students are charged $2,220 per year
- Pearl River Community College - located in Poplarville, students are charged $2,180 per year
The dental hygienist schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Mississippi were:
- Northwest Mississippi Community College - located in Senatobia, students are charged $1,950 per year
- Hinds Community College - located in Raymond, students are charged $2,060 per year
- Copiah-Lincoln Community College - located in Wesson, students are charged $2,100 per year
A dental hygienist degree from a Mississippi school... what next?
The highest percentage of dental hygienist graduates in Mississippi pursue careers as a dental hygienist. If you decide to work as a dental hygienist in Mississippi, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 1,220 Mississippi dental hygienists as of 2010. The largest populations of Mississippi dental hygienists are working in the following counties:
- Copiah County - 320 dental hygienists
- Alcorn County - 140 dental hygienists
- Clarke County - 140 dental hygienists
The government projects that the number of dental hygienists in Mississippi will grow by 29%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 1,750 dental hygienists working in Mississippi.
A dental hygienist in Mississippi earns $50,100 per year on average. However, this number is only an average. dental hygienists in Mississippi had varying salaries from $29,510 to $75,210 per year in 2010. A dental hygienist in the following Mississippi counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Attala County - $58,510 per year
- Adams County - $55,380 per year
- Hancock County - $52,830 per year
The Mississippi counties with the lowest average salary for dental hygienists are:
- Clarke County - $43,900 per year
- Forrest County - $50,300 per year
- Copiah County - $51,670 per year
For more data regarding a career in dental hygiene in Mississippi and to compare salaries with various related fields such as health science or medical assisting, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Dental Hygiene in Mississippi
- Bachelor's Degree in Dental Hygiene in Mississippi
Curious what studying Dental Hygienist gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Mississippi
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are dental hygienist related jobs in Mississippi