There are schools offering early childhood education certificates in Mississippi!
Schools Offering Early Childhood Education Programs in Mississippi
- Early Childhood Education Certificates in Tennessee
- Early Childhood Education Certificates in Missouri
- Early Childhood Education Certificates in Arkansas
- Early Childhood Education Certificates in Georgia
- Early Childhood Education Certificates in Alabama
- Early Childhood Education Certificates in Louisiana
- See All Schools in Mississippi
Each year, roughly 0.2% of Mississippi students graduate with degrees in early childhood education. In other words, every year an estimated 138 early childhood education professionals graduate from Mississippi's 8 early childhood education schools.
The top-ranked school in Mississippi that has a early childhood education program is Jackson State University. Jackson State University, which was ranked 72nd in the country in 2010, is located in Jackson. In 2010, 42 students graduated from Jackson State University's early childhood education program. The tuition rate at Jackson State University was $5,050 per year.
Alcorn State University, which is located in Lorman, is the second-ranked school in Mississippi that has a early childhood education program. It received a ranking of 76th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Alcorn State University graduated 9 students from its early childhood education program. Tuition at Alcorn State University was $4,858 per year.
The third-ranked school in Mississippi with a early childhood education program is Mississippi Valley State University, which is located in Itta Bena. In 2010, it was ranked 78th nationwide. In 2010, 69 students graduated from Mississippi Valley State University early childhood education program. Mississippi Valley State University charged in-state students $4,831 in tuition fees per year.
Early childhood education schools in Mississippi, charge students an average tuition of $4,772 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $9,718 per year, or as little as $1,938 per year. In 2010, the early childhood education schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Mississippi were:
- Tougaloo College - located in Tougaloo, students are charged $9,718 per year
- Rust College - located in Holly Springs, students are charged $7,610 per year
- Jackson State University - located in Jackson, students are charged $5,050 per year
The early childhood education schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Mississippi were:
- Holmes Community College - located in Goodman, students are charged $1,938 per year
- Coahoma Community College - located in Clarksdale, students are charged $2,040 per year
- Northeast Mississippi Community College - located in Booneville, students are charged $2,130 per year
An early childhood education degree from a Mississippi school... what next?
Many Mississippi early childhood education graduates become a kindergarten teacher, elementary school teacher, and preschool director. In 2010, there were 17,390 early childhood education professional working in Mississippi, including 3,390 preschool teachers, 1,730 kindergarten teachers, and 11,570 elementary school teachers. In Mississippi, the largest numbers of early childhood education professional work in the following counties:
- Alcorn County - 3,090 early childhood education professionals
- Copiah County - 2,540 early childhood education professionals
- Clarke County - 2,450 early childhood education professionals
The government projects that, by 2018, the number of early childhood education professionals in the state of Mississippi will grow to 26,900. This would require a 15% growth in the field.
early childhood education professionals in Mississippi earn $37,258 per year on average. However, this number is only an average. Early childhood education professional in Mississippi had varying salaries from $15,420 to $129,510 per year in 2010. The counties in Mississippi with the highest average salary for early childhood education professionals are:
- Attala County - $43,493 per year
- Clarke County - $39,535 per year
- Adams County - $37,453 per year
Early childhood education professionals in the following counties in Mississippi make the lowest salaries on average:
- Forrest County - $31,950 per year
- Alcorn County - $34,667 per year
- Copiah County - $35,815 per year
The early childhood education professionals with highest average salaries in Mississippi were:
- Preschool Director - $43,970 per year
- Elementary School Teacher - $41,720 per year
- Kindergarten Teacher - $40,590 per year
On average, the lowest paid early childhood education professionals in Mississippi were:
- Kindergarten Teacher - $40,590 per year
- Preschool Teacher - $22,750 per year
For more data regarding a career in early childhood education in Mississippi and to compare salaries with various related fields such as early childhood education or , take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Early Childhood Education in Mississippi
- Bachelor's Degree in Early Childhood Education in Mississippi
- Master's Degree in Early Childhood Education in Mississippi
- Doctoral Degree in Early Childhood Education in Mississippi
Curious what studying Early Childhood Education gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Mississippi
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Elementary School Teachers, Except Special Education||11,570||$41,720||-17.6%|
|Preschool Teachers, Except Special Education||3,390||$22,750||12.6%|
|Kindergarten Teachers, Except Special Education||1,730||$40,590||-18.0%|
|Education Administrators, Preschool and Childcare Center/Program||700||$43,970||2.9%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are early childhood education related jobs in Mississippi