There are schools offering educational leadership programs in Mississippi!
Schools Offering Educational Leadership Programs in Mississippi
Each year, approximately 0.6% of Mississippi graduates receive degrees in educational leadership. That means an estimated 415 educational leadership professonals graduate from Mississippi's 9 educational leadership schools each year.
The top-ranked school in Mississippi that has a educational leadership program is Mississippi State University. Mississippi State University, which was ranked 64th in the country in 2010, is located in Mississippi State. In 2010, Mississippi State University graduated 26 students from its educational leadership program. Tuition at Mississippi State University was $5,461 per year.
The second-ranked school in Mississippi that has a educational leadership program is University of Mississippi Main Campus. University of Mississippi Main Campus, which was ranked 66th in the country in 2010, is located in University. In 2010, 246 students graduated from University of Mississippi Main Campus educational leadership program. Students at University of Mississippi Main Campus paid $5,436 per year in tuition fees.
University of Southern Mississippi, which is located in Hattiesburg, is the third-ranked school in Mississippi that has a educational leadership program. It received a ranking of 70th in the country in 2010. 59 students graduated with degree in educational leadership from University of Southern Mississippi in 2010. Tuition at University of Southern Mississippi was $5,452 per year.
Educational leadership schools in Mississippi, charge students an average tuition of $6,847 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $13,530 per year, or as little as $4,644 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Mississippi educational leadership schools were charged at the following schools:
- Mississippi College - located in Clinton, students are charged $13,530 per year
- William Carey University - located in Hattiesburg, students are charged $10,350 per year
- Mississippi State University - located in Mississippi State, students are charged $5,461 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Mississippi educational leadership schools were charged at the following schools:
- Mississippi University for Women - located in Columbus, students are charged $4,644 per year
- Delta State University - located in Cleveland, students are charged $4,851 per year
- Jackson State University - located in Jackson, students are charged $5,050 per year
An educational leadership degree from a Mississippi school... what next?
Preschool director, dean, and distance learning coordinator are the professions of choice for a majority of educational leadership graduates in Mississippi. In 2010, there were 4,540 educational leadership professonal working in Mississippi, including 2,280 middle school principals, 700 preschool directors, and 1,510 deans. In Mississippi, the largest numbers of educational leadership professonal work in the following counties:
- Alcorn County - 1,170 educational leadership professonals
- Copiah County - 950 educational leadership professonals
- Attala County - 550 educational leadership professonals
The government projects that the number of educational leadership professonals in Mississippi will grow by 11%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 5,670 educational leadership professonals working in Mississippi. The greatest growth for educational leadership professonal is predicted to be amongst Preschool Directors, who are expected to increase by 14% by 2018.
On average, educational leadership professonals earn a salary of $71,345 per year in Mississippi state. In 2010, however, some Mississippi educational leadership professonal earned as little as less than $21,460 per year or as much as more than $150,570 per year. Educational leadership professonals in the following Mississippi counties make the highest salaries on average:
- Attala County - $73,823 per year
- Copiah County - $66,575 per year
- Hancock County - $66,533 per year
On average, educational leadership professonals earn the least in the following Mississippi counties:
- Forrest County - $52,770 per year
- George County - $55,170 per year
- Adams County - $57,830 per year
The educational leadership professonals with highest average salaries in Mississippi were:
- Distance Learning Coordinator - $90,820 per year
- Dean - $80,670 per year
- Middle School Principal - $69,920 per year
On average, the lowest paid educational leadership professonals in Mississippi were:
- Middle School Principal - $69,920 per year
- Preschool Director - $43,970 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Mississippi statistics regarding a career in educational leadership and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as educational leadership or special education.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Bachelor's Degree in Educational Leadership in Mississippi
- Master's Degree in Educational Leadership in Mississippi
- Doctoral Degree in Educational Leadership in Mississippi
Curious what studying Educational Leadership gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Mississippi
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Education Administrators, Elementary and Secondary School||2,280||$69,920||6.5%|
|Education Administrators, Postsecondary||1,510||$80,670||17.1%|
|Education Administrators, Preschool and Childcare Center/Program||700||$43,970||2.9%|
|Education Administrators, All Other||50||$90,820||-50.0%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are educational leadership related jobs in Mississippi