There are schools offering electrician courses in Mississippi!
Schools Offering Electrician Training Programs in Mississippi
Each year, approximately 0.4% of Mississippi graduates receive certificates in electrician training. That means an estimated 282 electricians graduate from Mississippi's 9 electrician schools each year.
Pearl River Community College, which is located in Poplarville, is the top-ranked school in Mississippi that has a electrician program. It received a ranking of 69th in the country in 2010. In 2010, no students graduated from Pearl River Community College's electrician program. Students at Pearl River Community College paid $2,180 per year in tuition fees.
East Central Community College, which is located in Decatur, is the second-ranked school in Mississippi that has a electrician program. It received a ranking of 80th in the country in 2010. In 2010, East Central Community College graduated 18 students from its electrician program. Students at East Central Community College paid $1,980 per year in tuition fees.
The third-ranked school in Mississippi with a electrician program is Hinds Community College, which is located in Raymond. In 2010, it was ranked 81st nationwide. 77 students graduated with certificate in electrician from Hinds Community College in 2010. Hinds Community College charged in-state students $2,060 in tuition fees per year.
If you choose to attend a Mississippi electrician school, average tuition will be $2,181 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $1,680 per year to $2,712 per year. In 2010, the electrician schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Mississippi were:
- Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College - located in Perkinston, students are charged $2,712 per year
- East Mississippi Community College - located in Scooba, students are charged $2,350 per year
- Jones County Junior College - located in Ellisville, students are charged $2,320 per year
The electrician schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Mississippi were:
- Itawamba Community College - located in Fulton, students are charged $1,680 per year
- East Central Community College - located in Decatur, students are charged $1,980 per year
- Hinds Community College - located in Raymond, students are charged $2,060 per year
An electrician certificate from a Mississippi school... what next?
The highest percentage of electrician graduates in Mississippi pursue careers as an electrician. If you decide to work as an electrician in Mississippi, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 5,080 Mississippi electricians as of 2010. The following counties have the largest number of Mississippi electricians:
- Copiah County - 850 electricians
- Hancock County - 580 electricians
- Alcorn County - 550 electricians
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of electricians is expected to grow by 10% by 2018. There are projected to be 8,300 electricians working in the Mississippi then.
On average, electricians earn $40,380 per year. In 2010, however, some Mississippi electricians earned as little as less than $21,910 per year or as much as more than $59,620 per year. On average an electrician earns the most in the following Mississippi counties:
- Clarke County - $44,860 per year
- Copiah County - $41,580 per year
- Hancock County - $41,390 per year
The Mississippi counties with the lowest average salary for electricians are:
- Forrest County - $35,400 per year
- Alcorn County - $36,500 per year
- Attala County - $37,530 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Mississippi statistics regarding a career in electrician training. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as automotive or HVAC.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Electrician Training in Mississippi
- Certificate in Electrician Training in Mississippi
Curious what studying Electrician gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Mississippi
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Electrical Power-Line Installers and Repairers||2,180||$48,610||7.4%|
|Electrical and Electronics Engineering Technicians||900||$53,960||-35.7%|
|Electrical and Electronics Repairers, Commercial and Industrial Equipment||560||$47,680||5.7%|
|Electrical and Electronics Repairers, Powerhouse, Substation, and Relay||370||$58,980||48.0%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are electrician related jobs in Mississippi