There are schools offering elementary education degrees in Mississippi!
Schools Offering Elementary Education Programs in Mississippi
Around 2.4% of Mississippi's graduates graduate from elementary education degree programs every year. That means an estimated 1,736 elementary educators graduate from Mississippi's 23 elementary education schools each year.
Mississippi State University, which is located in Mississippi State, is the top-ranked school in Mississippi that has a elementary education program. It received a ranking of 64th in the country in 2010. 225 students graduated with a degree in elementary education from Mississippi State University in 2010. Mississippi State University charged in-state students $5,461 in tuition fees per year.
The second-ranked school in Mississippi that has a elementary education program is University of Mississippi Main Campus. University of Mississippi Main Campus, which was ranked 66th in the country in 2010, is located in University. In 2010, 232 students graduated from University of Mississippi Main Campus elementary education program. University of Mississippi Main Campus charged in-state students $5,436 in tuition fees per year.
University of Southern Mississippi, which is located in Hattiesburg, is the third-ranked school in Mississippi that has a elementary education program. It received a ranking of 70th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 220 students graduated from University of Southern Mississippi elementary education program. University of Southern Mississippi charged in-state students $5,452 in tuition fees per year.
If you choose to attend a Mississippi elementary education school, average tuition will be $5,522 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $1,680 per year to $17,700 per year. In 2010, the following Mississippi elementary education schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Belhaven University - located in Jackson, students are charged $17,700 per year
- Mississippi College - located in Clinton, students are charged $13,530 per year
- William Carey University - located in Hattiesburg, students are charged $10,350 per year
The elementary education schools in Mississippi that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Itawamba Community College - located in Fulton, students are charged $1,680 per year
- Holmes Community College - located in Goodman, students are charged $1,938 per year
- Northwest Mississippi Community College - located in Senatobia, students are charged $1,950 per year
An elementary education degree from a Mississippi school... what next?
A large number of Mississippi elementary education graduates become elementary educators. 11,570 elementary educators were working in Mississippi in 2010. The following counties have the largest number of Mississippi elementary educators:
- Alcorn County - 2,240 elementary educators
- Clarke County - 1,920 elementary educators
- Attala County - 1,400 elementary educators
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 18,650 elementary educators will be working in Mississippi state. This would require the number of elementary educators to grow by 13%.
On average, elementary educators earn $41,720 per year. However, this number is only an average. elementary educators in Mississippi had varying salaries from $19,410 to $59,190 per year in 2010. The following counties in Mississippi have the highest average salaries for elementary educators:
- Hancock County - $43,660 per year
- Clarke County - $43,330 per year
- George County - $43,240 per year
An elementary educator in the following counties in Mississippi make the lowest salaries on average:
- Forrest County - $38,110 per year
- Attala County - $39,950 per year
- Alcorn County - $41,040 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Mississippi statistics regarding a career in elementary education. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as ESL or early childhood education.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Elementary Education in Mississippi
- Bachelor's Degree in Elementary Education in Mississippi
- Master's Degree in Elementary Education in Mississippi
- Doctoral Degree in Elementary Education in Mississippi
Curious what studying Elementary Education gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Mississippi
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Elementary School Teachers, Except Special Education||11,570||$41,720||-17.6%|
|Education Administrators, Elementary and Secondary School||2,280||$69,920||6.5%|
|Kindergarten Teachers, Except Special Education||1,730||$40,590||-18.0%|
|Special Education Teachers, Preschool, Kindergarten, and Elementary School||1,520||$44,650||-22.8%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are elementary education related jobs in Mississippi