There are schools offering EMT training in Mississippi!
Schools Offering Emergency Medical Training Programs in Mississippi
Around 0.2% of Mississippi's graduates graduate from emergency medical training certificate programs every year. Thus, Mississippi's 10 EMT schools put out approximately 172 emergency medical technicians each year.
The top-ranked school in Mississippi that has a EMT program is East Central Community College. East Central Community College, which was ranked 80th in the country in 2010, is located in Decatur. In 2010, 1 students graduated from East Central Community College's EMT program. Students at East Central Community College paid $1,980 per year in tuition fees.
The second-ranked school in Mississippi that has a EMT program is Hinds Community College. Hinds Community College, which was ranked 81st in the country in 2010, is located in Raymond. In 2010, 60 students graduated from Hinds Community College EMT program. Tuition at Hinds Community College was $2,060 per year.
Copiah-Lincoln Community College, which was ranked 81st nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Mississippi that has a EMT program. It is located in Wesson. In 2010, Copiah-Lincoln Community College graduated 1 students from its EMT programs. Students at Copiah-Lincoln Community College paid $2,100 per year in tuition fees.
If you choose to attend a Mississippi EMT school, average tuition will be $1,909 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $1,680 per year to $2,712 per year. In 2010, the following Mississippi EMT schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College - located in Perkinston, students are charged $2,712 per year
- East Mississippi Community College - located in Scooba, students are charged $2,350 per year
- Jones County Junior College - located in Ellisville, students are charged $2,320 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Mississippi EMT schools were charged at the following schools:
- Itawamba Community College - located in Fulton, students are charged $1,680 per year
- Holmes Community College - located in Goodman, students are charged $1,938 per year
- Northwest Mississippi Community College - located in Senatobia, students are charged $1,950 per year
An EMT certificate from a Mississippi school... what next?
Most people who graduate from EMT school in Mississippi go on to work as an emergency medical technician. 1,750 emergency medical technicians were working in Mississippi in 2010. The largest populations of Mississippi emergency medical technicians are working in the following counties:
- Copiah County - 440 emergency medical technicians
- Alcorn County - 390 emergency medical technicians
- Adams County - 230 emergency medical technicians
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 1,860 emergency medical technicians will be working in Mississippi state. This would require the number of emergency medical technicians to grow by 8%.
On average, an emergency medical technician earns a salary of $29,180 per year in Mississippi state. But, salaries for emergency medical technicians can vary. In 2010, emergency medical technicians made as little as less than $16,790 per year or as much as more than $46,870 per year in Mississippi. The following counties in Mississippi have the highest average salaries for emergency medical technicians:
- George County - $37,040 per year
- Copiah County - $31,630 per year
- Attala County - $30,000 per year
The Mississippi counties with the lowest average salary for emergency medical technicians are:
- Adams County - $27,740 per year
- Alcorn County - $29,030 per year
- Clarke County - $29,060 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Mississippi statistics regarding a career in emergency medical training and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as nurse assisting or paramedic.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Emergency Medical Training in Mississippi
- Certificate in Emergency Medical Training in Mississippi
Curious what studying EMT gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Mississippi
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Emergency Medical Technicians and Paramedics||1,750||$29,180||27.7%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are EMT related jobs in Mississippi