There are schools offering finance degrees in Mississippi!
Schools Offering Finance Programs in Mississippi
The top-ranked school in Mississippi with a finance program is Mississippi State University, which is located in Mississippi State. In 2010, it was ranked 64th nationwide. In 2010, Mississippi State University graduated 71 students from its finance program. Tuition at Mississippi State University was $5,461 per year.
The second-ranked school in Mississippi with a finance program is University of Mississippi Main Campus, which is located in University. In 2010, it was ranked 66th nationwide. In 2010, University of Mississippi Main Campus graduated 157 students from its finance program. Tuition at University of Mississippi Main Campus was $5,436 per year.
Pearl River Community College, which was ranked 66th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Mississippi that has a finance program. It is located in Poplarville. 0 students graduated with degree in finance from Pearl River Community College in 2010. Tuition at Pearl River Community College was $2,180 per year.
Tuition at Mississippi's finance schools ranges from $13,530 per year to $2,060 per year. But, the average tuition is $5,152 per year. In 2010, the finance schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Mississippi were:
- Mississippi College - located in Clinton, students are charged $13,530 per year
- Mississippi State University - located in Mississippi State, students are charged $5,461 per year
- University of Southern Mississippi - located in Hattiesburg, students are charged $5,452 per year
The following Mississippi finance schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Hinds Community College - located in Raymond, students are charged $2,060 per year
- Pearl River Community College - located in Poplarville, students are charged $2,180 per year
- East Mississippi Community College - located in Scooba, students are charged $2,350 per year
A finance degree from a Mississippi school... what next?
Auditor, financial quantitative analyst, financial examiner, credit analyst, and sales agent are the professions of choice for a majority of finance graduates in Mississippi. 11,760 finance professionals were working in Mississippi in 2010. Of these, 280 were budget analysts. In addition, 4,710 were auditors, and 190 were financial quantitative analysts. The Mississippi counties with the largest populations of finance professional are:
- Copiah County - 4,070 finance professionals
- Alcorn County - 1,800 finance professionals
- Hancock County - 1,160 finance professionals
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts by 2018, an estimated 16,080 finance professionals will be working in Mississippi. This would require the number of finance professional to grow by 17%.
finance professionals in Mississippi make an average of $60,954 per year. But, salaries for finance professional can vary. In 2010, finance professional made as little as less than $24,790 per year or as much as more than $153,230 per year in Mississippi. The following counties in Mississippi have the highest average salaries for finance professionals:
- Forrest County - $66,538 per year
- Adams County - $64,940 per year
- Clarke County - $63,450 per year
The Mississippi counties with the lowest average salary for finance professionals are:
- Alcorn County - $51,054 per year
- Hancock County - $60,725 per year
- George County - $62,267 per year
On average, the highest paid finance professionals in Mississippi were:
- Sales Agent - $81,780 per year
- Branch Financial Manager - $75,840 per year
- Financial Quantitative Analyst - $64,290 per year
The finance professionals with lowest average salaries in Mississippi were:
- Credit Analyst - $53,190 per year
- Loan Counselor - $40,610 per year
For more data regarding a career in finance in Mississippi and to compare salaries with various related fields such as business management or finance, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Finance in Mississippi
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance in Mississippi
- Master's Degree in Finance in Mississippi
- Doctoral Degree in Finance in Mississippi
Curious what studying Finance gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Mississippi
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Accountants and Auditors||4,710||$55,660||1.3%|
|Securities, Commodities, and Financial Services Sales Agents||620||$81,780||1.6%|
|Financial Specialists, All Other||190||$64,290||5.6%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are finance related jobs in Mississippi