There are schools offering management courses in Mississippi!
Schools Offering Management Programs in Mississippi
Mississippi State University, which was ranked 64th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Mississippi that has a management program. It is located in Mississippi State. 50 students graduated with a degree in management from Mississippi State University in 2010. Students at Mississippi State University paid $5,461 per year in tuition fees.
The second-ranked school in Mississippi with a management program is University of Mississippi Main Campus, which is located in University. In 2010, it was ranked 66th nationwide. In 2010, University of Mississippi Main Campus graduated 20 students from its management program. Tuition at University of Mississippi Main Campus was $5,436 per year.
The third-ranked school in Mississippi that has a management program is Pearl River Community College. Pearl River Community College, which was ranked 69th in the country in 2010, is located in Poplarville. In 2010, Pearl River Community College graduated 18 students from its management programs. Students at Pearl River Community College paid $2,180 per year in tuition fees.
Tuition at Mississippi's management schools ranges from $18,048 per year to $1,680 per year. But, the average tuition is $5,039 per year. In 2010, the management schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Mississippi were:
- ITT Technical Institute - located in Madison, students are charged $18,048 per year
- Belhaven University - located in Jackson, students are charged $17,700 per year
- Mississippi College - located in Clinton, students are charged $13,530 per year
The following Mississippi management schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Itawamba Community College - located in Fulton, students are charged $1,680 per year
- Holmes Community College - located in Goodman, students are charged $1,938 per year
- Northwest Mississippi Community College - located in Senatobia, students are charged $1,950 per year
A management degree from a Mississippi school... what next?
A large number of Mississippi management graduates become managers. If you decide to work as a manager in Mississippi, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 15,460 Mississippi managers as of 2010. The following counties have the largest number of Mississippi managers:
- Copiah County - 4,570 managers
- Alcorn County - 2,900 managers
- Attala County - 1,560 managers
The government projects that the number of managers in Mississippi will grow by 6%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 15,750 managers working in Mississippi.
A manager in Mississippi makes an average of $87,910 per year. But, salaries for managers can vary. In 2010, managers made as little as less than $36,450 per year or as much as more than $159,150 per year in Mississippi. A manager in the following Mississippi counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Copiah County - $94,940 per year
- George County - $92,470 per year
- Clarke County - $89,670 per year
On average, managers earns the least in the following Mississippi counties:
- Adams County - $80,990 per year
- Alcorn County - $82,030 per year
- Attala County - $83,520 per year
For more data regarding a career in management in Mississippi and to compare salaries with various related fields such as restaurant management or educational leadership, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Management in Mississippi
- Bachelor's Degree in Management in Mississippi
- Master's Degree in Management in Mississippi
Curious what studying Management gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Mississippi
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Managers, All Other||n/a||$92,990|
|General and Operations Managers||15,460||$87,910||3.6%|
|First-Line Supervisors of Retail Sales Workers||14,220||$34,960||19.7%|
|Medical and Health Services Managers||2,420||$76,900||32.2%|
|Property, Real Estate, and Community Association Managers||1,610||$36,180||-13.9%|
|Industrial Production Managers||1,340||$76,010||-5.6%|
|Food Service Managers||1,300||$49,280||-46.1%|
|Public Relations and Fundraising Managers||280||$63,040||12.0%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are management related jobs in Mississippi