There are schools offering nursing assistant certifications in Mississippi!
Schools Offering Nurse Assisting Programs in Mississippi
Approximately 0.2% of graduates in of Mississippi receive nurse assisting certificates every year. Thus, Mississippi's 8 nursing assistant schools put out approximately 159 nursing assistants each year.
East Central Community College, which is located in Decatur, is the top-ranked school in Mississippi that has a nursing assistant program. It received a ranking of 80th in the country in 2010. no students graduated with a certificate in nursing assistant from East Central Community College in 2010. East Central Community College charged in-state students $1,980 in tuition fees per year.
Copiah-Lincoln Community College, which is located in Wesson, is the second-ranked school in Mississippi that has a nursing assistant program. It received a ranking of 81st in the country in 2010. 0 students graduated with certificate in nursing assistant from Copiah-Lincoln Community College in 2010. Students at Copiah-Lincoln Community College paid $2,100 per year in tuition fees.
East Mississippi Community College, which was ranked 81st nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Mississippi that has a nursing assistant program. It is located in Scooba. 30 students graduated with certificate in nursing assistant from East Mississippi Community College in 2010. Students at East Mississippi Community College paid $2,350 per year in tuition fees.
If you are hoping to attend one of Mississippi's nursing assistant schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $1,878 per year, though tuition can range from $2,350 per year to $1,950 per year. In 2010, the nursing assistant schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Mississippi were:
- East Mississippi Community College - located in Scooba, students are charged $2,350 per year
- Jones County Junior College - located in Ellisville, students are charged $2,320 per year
- Meridian Community College - located in Meridian, students are charged $2,230 per year
The following Mississippi nursing assistant schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Northwest Mississippi Community College - located in Senatobia, students are charged $1,950 per year
- East Central Community College - located in Decatur, students are charged $1,980 per year
- Southwest Mississippi Community College - located in Summit, students are charged $2,090 per year
A nursing assistant certificate from a Mississippi school... what next?
Most people who graduate from nursing assistant school in Mississippi go on to work as a nursing assistant. 16,150 nursing assistants were working in Mississippi in 2010. In Mississippi, the largest numbers of nursing assistants work in the following counties:
- Copiah County - 3,440 nursing assistants
- Alcorn County - 3,310 nursing assistants
- Clarke County - 2,590 nursing assistants
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of nursing assistants is expected to grow by 25% by 2018. There are projected to be 26,390 nursing assistants working in the Mississippi then.
A nursing assistant in Mississippi earns $19,680 per year on average. In 2010, however, some Mississippi nursing assistants earned as little as less than $15,620 per year or as much as more than $34,450 per year. A nursing assistant in the following Mississippi counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Hancock County - $24,940 per year
- Copiah County - $20,100 per year
- Forrest County - $19,360 per year
On average, nursing assistants earns the least in the following Mississippi counties:
- Attala County - $18,780 per year
- Alcorn County - $18,810 per year
- Adams County - $19,080 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Mississippi statistics regarding a career in nurse assisting and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as forensic nursing or LVN.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Certificate in Nurse Assisting in Mississippi
Curious what studying Nursing Assistant gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Mississippi
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Nursing Aides, Orderlies, and Attendants||16,150||$19,680||5.3%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are nursing assistant related jobs in Mississippi