There are schools offering occupational therapy programs in Mississippi!
Schools Offering Occupational Therapy Programs in Mississippi
Approximately 0.1% of graduates in of Mississippi receive occupational therapy degrees every year. That means an estimated 70 occupational therapists graduate from Mississippi's 8 occupational therapy schools each year.
The top-ranked school in Mississippi with a occupational therapy program is Hinds Community College, which is located in Raymond. In 2010, it was ranked 81st nationwide. 3 students graduated with a degree in occupational therapy from Hinds Community College in 2010. The tuition rate at Hinds Community College was $2,060 per year.
Itawamba Community College, which was ranked 81st nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Mississippi that has a occupational therapy program. It is located in Fulton. In 2010, Itawamba Community College graduated 15 students from its occupational therapy program. Itawamba Community College charged in-state students $1,680 in tuition fees per year.
Holmes Community College, which was ranked 81st nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Mississippi that has a occupational therapy program. It is located in Goodman. 15 students graduated with degree in occupational therapy from Holmes Community College in 2010. Students at Holmes Community College paid $1,938 per year in tuition fees.
If you are hoping to attend one of Mississippi's occupational therapy schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $1,814 per year, though tuition can range from $2,712 per year to $1,680 per year. In 2010, the occupational therapy schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Mississippi were:
- Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College - located in Perkinston, students are charged $2,712 per year
- Northeast Mississippi Community College - located in Booneville, students are charged $2,130 per year
- Hinds Community College - located in Raymond, students are charged $2,060 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Mississippi occupational therapy schools were charged at the following schools:
- Itawamba Community College - located in Fulton, students are charged $1,680 per year
- Holmes Community College - located in Goodman, students are charged $1,938 per year
- Northwest Mississippi Community College - located in Senatobia, students are charged $1,950 per year
An occupational therapy degree from a Mississippi school... what next?
A large number of Mississippi occupational therapy graduates become occupational therapists. If you decide to work as an occupational therapist in Mississippi, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 830 Mississippi occupational therapists as of 2010. In Mississippi, the largest numbers of occupational therapists work in the following counties:
- Copiah County - 290 occupational therapists
- Clarke County - 80 occupational therapists
- Hancock County - 70 occupational therapists
The government projects that the number of occupational therapists in Mississippi will grow by 30%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 1,150 occupational therapists working in Mississippi.
On average, an occupational therapist earns a salary of $70,200 per year in Mississippi state. However, this number is only an average. occupational therapists in Mississippi had varying salaries from $46,970 to $108,360 per year in 2010. On average an occupational therapist earns the most in the following Mississippi counties:
- Attala County - $82,330 per year
- Adams County - $80,590 per year
- Hancock County - $78,120 per year
The Mississippi counties with the lowest average salary for occupational therapists are:
- Clarke County - $62,810 per year
- George County - $68,410 per year
- Copiah County - $69,830 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Mississippi statistics regarding a career in occupational therapy and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as clinical psychology or occupational therapy.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Occupational Therapy in Mississippi
- Master's Degree in Occupational Therapy in Mississippi
Curious what studying Occupational Therapy gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Mississippi
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Occupational Therapy Assistants||220||$46,550||100.0%|
|Occupational Therapy Aides||50||$29,470|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are occupational therapy related jobs in Mississippi