There are schools offering paralegal programs in Mississippi!
Schools Offering Paralegal Studies Programs in Mississippi
University of Mississippi Main Campus, which was ranked 66th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Mississippi that has a paralegal program. It is located in University. In 2010, University of Mississippi Main Campus graduated 24 students from its paralegal program. University of Mississippi Main Campus charged in-state students $5,436 in tuition fees per year.
University of Southern Mississippi, which is located in Hattiesburg, is the second-ranked school in Mississippi that has a paralegal program. It received a ranking of 70th in the country in 2010. In 2010, University of Southern Mississippi graduated 16 students from its paralegal program. Tuition at University of Southern Mississippi was $5,452 per year.
Virginia College-Biloxi, which was ranked 70th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Mississippi that has a paralegal program. It is located in Biloxi. 6 students graduated with degree in paralegal from Virginia College-Biloxi in 2010. Tuition at Virginia College-Biloxi was $12,400 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Mississippi's paralegal schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $6,631 per year, though tuition can range from $18,048 per year to $1,680 per year. The Mississippi paralegal schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- ITT Technical Institute - located in Madison, students are charged $18,048 per year
- Antonelli College - located in Jackson, students are charged $14,850 per year
- Antonelli College - located in Hattiesburg, students are charged $14,850 per year
The paralegal schools in Mississippi that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Itawamba Community College - located in Fulton, students are charged $1,680 per year
- Holmes Community College - located in Goodman, students are charged $1,938 per year
- Northwest Mississippi Community College - located in Senatobia, students are charged $1,950 per year
A paralegal degree from a Mississippi school... what next?
A large number of Mississippi paralegal graduates become paralegals. 2,020 paralegals were working in Mississippi in 2010. The Mississippi counties with the largest populations of paralegals are:
- Copiah County - 1,140 paralegals
- Alcorn County - 250 paralegals
- Hancock County - 200 paralegals
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 2,470 paralegals will be working in Mississippi state. This would require the number of paralegals to grow by 28%.
A paralegal in Mississippi earns $38,190 per year on average. In 2010, however, some Mississippi paralegals earned as little as less than $21,870 per year or as much as more than $59,480 per year. The counties in Mississippi with the highest average salary for a paralegal are:
- Copiah County - $40,030 per year
- Forrest County - $38,840 per year
- Adams County - $38,820 per year
A paralegal in the following counties in Mississippi make the lowest salaries on average:
- Clarke County - $31,250 per year
- Alcorn County - $34,110 per year
- Attala County - $36,280 per year
For more data regarding a career in paralegal studies in Mississippi and to compare salaries with various related fields such as homeland security or paralegal, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Paralegal Studies in Mississippi
- Bachelor's Degree in Paralegal Studies in Mississippi
Curious what studying Paralegal gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Mississippi
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Paralegals and Legal Assistants||2,020||$38,190||23.9%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are paralegal related jobs in Mississippi