There are schools offering personal training certifications in Mississippi!
Schools Offering Personal Training Programs in Mississippi
The top-ranked school in Mississippi that has a personal training program is University of Southern Mississippi. University of Southern Mississippi, which was ranked 70th in the country in 2010, is located in Hattiesburg. In 2010, University of Southern Mississippi graduated 17 students from its personal training program. Tuition at University of Southern Mississippi was $5,452 per year.
Delta State University, which is located in Cleveland, is the second-ranked school in Mississippi that has a personal training program. It received a ranking of 70th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Delta State University graduated 11 students from its personal training program. Delta State University charged in-state students $4,851 in tuition fees per year.
Alcorn State University, which was ranked 70th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Mississippi that has a personal training program. It is located in Lorman. 4 students graduated with degree in personal training from Alcorn State University in 2010. Tuition at Alcorn State University was $4,858 per year.
Tuition at Mississippi's personal training schools ranges from $14,850 per year to $1,980 per year. But, the average tuition is $5,687 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Mississippi personal training schools were charged at the following schools:
- Antonelli College - located in Hattiesburg, students are charged $14,850 per year
- University of Southern Mississippi - located in Hattiesburg, students are charged $5,452 per year
- Alcorn State University - located in Lorman, students are charged $4,858 per year
The following Mississippi personal training schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- East Central Community College - located in Decatur, students are charged $1,980 per year
- Northeast Mississippi Community College - located in Booneville, students are charged $2,130 per year
- Delta State University - located in Cleveland, students are charged $4,851 per year
A personal training degree from a Mississippi school... what next?
The highest percentage of personal training graduates in Mississippi pursue careers as a personal trainer. In 2010, there were 1,290 personal trainers working in Mississippi. The largest populations of Mississippi personal trainers are working in the following counties:
- Copiah County - 460 personal trainers
- Alcorn County - 200 personal trainers
- Hancock County - 140 personal trainers
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of personal trainers is expected to grow by 41% by 2018. There are projected to be 2,050 personal trainers working in the Mississippi then.
A personal trainer in Mississippi earns $29,970 per year on average. In 2010, however, some Mississippi personal trainers earned as little as less than $15,680 per year or as much as more than $78,410 per year. A personal trainer in the following Mississippi counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Alcorn County - $36,470 per year
- Copiah County - $32,560 per year
- Hancock County - $30,660 per year
The Mississippi counties with the lowest average salary for personal trainers are:
- Attala County - $22,060 per year
- Adams County - $22,440 per year
- Clarke County - $24,650 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Mississippi statistics regarding a career in personal training and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as physical therapy assisting or physical therapy.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Personal Training in Mississippi
- Bachelor's Degree in Personal Training in Mississippi
Curious what studying Personal Training gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Mississippi
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Fitness Trainers and Aerobics Instructors||1,290||$29,970||41.8%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are personal training related jobs in Mississippi