There are schools offering physical therapy programs in Mississippi!
Schools Offering Physical Therapy Programs in Mississippi
Hinds Community College, which was ranked 81st nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Mississippi that has a physical therapy program. It is located in Raymond. In 2010, no students graduated from Hinds Community College's physical therapy program. Tuition at Hinds Community College was $2,060 per year.
Itawamba Community College, which was ranked 81st nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Mississippi that has a physical therapy program. It is located in Fulton. In 2010, 7 students graduated from Itawamba Community College physical therapy program. Itawamba Community College charged in-state students $1,680 in tuition fees per year.
Holmes Community College, which is located in Goodman, is the third-ranked school in Mississippi that has a physical therapy program. It received a ranking of 81st in the country in 2010. In 2010, 9 students graduated from Holmes Community College physical therapy program. Holmes Community College charged in-state students $1,938 in tuition fees per year.
Physical therapy schools in Mississippi, charge students an average tuition of $1,814 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $2,712 per year, or as little as $1,680 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Mississippi physical therapy schools were charged at the following schools:
- Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College - located in Perkinston, students are charged $2,712 per year
- Northeast Mississippi Community College - located in Booneville, students are charged $2,130 per year
- Hinds Community College - located in Raymond, students are charged $2,060 per year
The physical therapy schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Mississippi were:
- Itawamba Community College - located in Fulton, students are charged $1,680 per year
- Holmes Community College - located in Goodman, students are charged $1,938 per year
- Northwest Mississippi Community College - located in Senatobia, students are charged $1,950 per year
A physical therapy degree from a Mississippi school... what next?
A large number of Mississippi physical therapy graduates become physical therapists. In 2010, there were 1,550 physical therapists working in Mississippi. In Mississippi, the largest numbers of physical therapists work in the following counties:
- Copiah County - 400 physical therapists
- Alcorn County - 240 physical therapists
- Adams County - 170 physical therapists
The government projects that the number of physical therapists in Mississippi will grow by 30%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 2,040 physical therapists working in Mississippi.
On average, a physical therapist earns a salary of $73,670 per year in Mississippi state. However, Mississippi physical therapists earned anywhere in the range from as less than $35,250 per year to more than $120,580 per year in 2010. The following counties in Mississippi have the highest average salaries for physical therapists:
- Attala County - $88,950 per year
- George County - $77,120 per year
- Clarke County - $74,290 per year
The Mississippi counties with the lowest average salary for physical therapists are:
- Forrest County - $68,130 per year
- Adams County - $71,200 per year
- Hancock County - $72,130 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Mississippi statistics regarding a career in physical therapy. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as physical therapy assisting or sports medicine.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Physical Therapy in Mississippi
- Doctoral Degree in Physical Therapy in Mississippi
Curious what studying Physical Therapy gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Mississippi
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are physical therapy related jobs in Mississippi