There are schools offering respiratory therapy programs in Mississippi!
Schools Offering Respiratory Therapy Programs in Mississippi
Around 0.2% of Mississippi's graduates graduate from respiratory therapy degree programs every year. Thus, Mississippi's 9 respiratory therapy schools put out approximately 132 respiratory therapists each year.
The top-ranked school in Mississippi that has a respiratory therapy program is Pearl River Community College. Pearl River Community College, which was ranked 69th in the country in 2010, is located in Poplarville. 29 students graduated with a degree in respiratory therapy from Pearl River Community College in 2010. Tuition at Pearl River Community College was $2,180 per year.
The second-ranked school in Mississippi that has a respiratory therapy program is Hinds Community College. Hinds Community College, which was ranked 81st in the country in 2010, is located in Raymond. In 2010, 30 students graduated from Hinds Community College respiratory therapy program. The tuition rate at Hinds Community College was $2,060 per year.
The third-ranked school in Mississippi that has a respiratory therapy program is Copiah-Lincoln Community College. Copiah-Lincoln Community College, which was ranked 81st in the country in 2010, is located in Wesson. In 2010, Copiah-Lincoln Community College graduated 5 students from its respiratory therapy programs. The tuition rate at Copiah-Lincoln Community College was $2,100 per year.
Tuition at Mississippi's respiratory therapy schools ranges from $2,712 per year to $1,680 per year. But, the average tuition is $2,120 per year. In 2010, the respiratory therapy schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Mississippi were:
- Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College - located in Perkinston, students are charged $2,712 per year
- Meridian Community College - located in Meridian, students are charged $2,230 per year
- Pearl River Community College - located in Poplarville, students are charged $2,180 per year
The following Mississippi respiratory therapy schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Itawamba Community College - located in Fulton, students are charged $1,680 per year
- Northwest Mississippi Community College - located in Senatobia, students are charged $1,950 per year
- Coahoma Community College - located in Clarksdale, students are charged $2,040 per year
A respiratory therapy degree from a Mississippi school... what next?
Most people who graduate from respiratory therapy school in Mississippi go on to work as a respiratory therapist. In 2010, there were 1,280 respiratory therapists working in Mississippi. The Mississippi counties with the largest populations of respiratory therapists are:
- Copiah County - 390 respiratory therapists
- Hancock County - 180 respiratory therapists
- Alcorn County - 180 respiratory therapists
The government projects that the number of respiratory therapists in Mississippi will grow by 24%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 1,650 respiratory therapists working in Mississippi.
On average, respiratory therapists earn $49,910 per year. In 2010, however, some Mississippi respiratory therapists earned as little as less than $32,890 per year or as much as more than $97,100 per year. The counties in Mississippi with the highest average salary for a respiratory therapist are:
- Copiah County - $59,390 per year
- Alcorn County - $53,700 per year
- Adams County - $45,810 per year
On average, respiratory therapists earns the least in the following Mississippi counties:
- Clarke County - $41,990 per year
- Attala County - $42,040 per year
- Hancock County - $43,700 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Mississippi statistics regarding a career in respiratory therapy and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as health science or allied health.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Respiratory Therapy in Mississippi
- Certificate in Respiratory Therapy in Mississippi
Curious what studying Respiratory Therapy gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Mississippi
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Respiratory Therapy Technicians||270||$35,810||17.4%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are respiratory therapy related jobs in Mississippi