There are schools offering social work degrees in Mississippi!
Schools Offering Social Work Programs in Mississippi
Approximately 0.6% of graduates in of Mississippi receive social work degrees every year. In other words, every year an estimated 400 social workers graduate from Mississippi's 15 social work schools.
Mississippi State University, which is located in Mississippi State, is the top-ranked school in Mississippi that has a social work program. It received a ranking of 64th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Mississippi State University graduated 31 students from its social work program. The tuition rate at Mississippi State University was $5,461 per year.
University of Mississippi Main Campus, which was ranked 66th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Mississippi that has a social work program. It is located in University. 52 students graduated with degree in social work from University of Mississippi Main Campus in 2010. Students at University of Mississippi Main Campus paid $5,436 per year in tuition fees.
The third-ranked school in Mississippi with a social work program is University of Southern Mississippi, which is located in Hattiesburg. In 2010, it was ranked 70th nationwide. In 2010, 80 students graduated from University of Southern Mississippi social work program. Students at University of Southern Mississippi paid $5,452 per year in tuition fees.
Social work schools in Mississippi, charge students an average tuition of $4,403 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $13,530 per year, or as little as $1,680 per year. In 2010, the social work schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Mississippi were:
- Mississippi College - located in Clinton, students are charged $13,530 per year
- Rust College - located in Holly Springs, students are charged $7,610 per year
- Mississippi State University - located in Mississippi State, students are charged $5,461 per year
The following Mississippi social work schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Itawamba Community College - located in Fulton, students are charged $1,680 per year
- Holmes Community College - located in Goodman, students are charged $1,938 per year
- Northwest Mississippi Community College - located in Senatobia, students are charged $1,950 per year
A social work degree from a Mississippi school... what next?
Most people who graduate from social work school in Mississippi go on to work as a social worker. In 2010, there were 1,770 social workers working in Mississippi. In Mississippi, the largest numbers of social workers work in the following counties:
- Copiah County - 460 social workers
- Alcorn County - 360 social workers
- Forrest County - 210 social workers
The government projects that the number of social workers in Mississippi will grow by 25%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 2,440 social workers working in Mississippi.
On average, social workers earn $36,900 per year. However, Mississippi social workers earned anywhere in the range from as less than $22,010 per year to more than $58,410 per year in 2010. The counties in Mississippi with the highest average salary for a social worker are:
- Hancock County - $43,600 per year
- Copiah County - $39,940 per year
- George County - $39,940 per year
On average, social workers earns the least in the following Mississippi counties:
- Attala County - $32,490 per year
- Forrest County - $32,660 per year
- Alcorn County - $34,070 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Mississippi statistics regarding a career in social work. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as human resources or social work.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Social Work in Mississippi
- Bachelor's Degree in Social Work in Mississippi
- Master's Degree in Social Work in Mississippi
- Doctoral Degree in Social Work in Mississippi
Curious what studying Social Work gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Mississippi
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Child, Family, and School Social Workers||2,760||$31,620||44.5%|
|Healthcare Social Workers||1,770||$36,900||37.2%|
|Mental Health and Substance Abuse Social Workers||920||$32,610||-2.1%|
|Social Workers, All Other||150||$52,510||114.3%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are social work related jobs in Mississippi