There are schools offering surgical technologist programs in Mississippi!
Schools Offering Surgical Technology Programs in Mississippi
Approximately 0.3% of graduates in of Mississippi receive surgical technology certificates every year. That means an estimated 192 surgical technologists graduate from Mississippi's 10 surgical technologist schools each year.
Pearl River Community College, which is located in Poplarville, is the top-ranked school in Mississippi that has a surgical technologist program. It received a ranking of 69th in the country in 2010. 14 students graduated with a certificate in surgical technologist from Pearl River Community College in 2010. The tuition rate at Pearl River Community College was $2,180 per year.
The second-ranked school in Mississippi with a surgical technologist program is Virginia College-Biloxi, which is located in Biloxi. In 2010, it was ranked 70th nationwide. In 2010, 14 students graduated from Virginia College-Biloxi surgical technologist program. The tuition rate at Virginia College-Biloxi was $12,400 per year.
East Central Community College, which was ranked 70th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Mississippi that has a surgical technologist program. It is located in Decatur. In 2010, 18 students graduated from East Central Community College surgical technologist program. The tuition rate at East Central Community College was $1,980 per year.
If you choose to attend a Mississippi surgical technologist school, average tuition will be $2,913 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $1,680 per year to $12,400 per year. In 2010, the following Mississippi surgical technologist schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Virginia College-Biloxi - located in Biloxi, students are charged $12,400 per year
- Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College - located in Perkinston, students are charged $2,712 per year
- Meridian Community College - located in Meridian, students are charged $2,230 per year
The following Mississippi surgical technologist schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Itawamba Community College - located in Fulton, students are charged $1,680 per year
- Holmes Community College - located in Goodman, students are charged $1,938 per year
- Northwest Mississippi Community College - located in Senatobia, students are charged $1,950 per year
A surgical technologist certificate from a Mississippi school... what next?
A large number of Mississippi surgical technologist graduates become surgical technologists. Mississippi had 1,210 surgical technologists in 2010. The following counties have the largest number of Mississippi surgical technologists:
- Copiah County - 370 surgical technologists
- Alcorn County - 180 surgical technologists
- Hancock County - 170 surgical technologists
The government projects that the number of surgical technologists in Mississippi will grow by 22%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 1,290 surgical technologists working in Mississippi.
On average, a surgical technologist earns a salary of $32,340 per year in Mississippi state. But, salaries for surgical technologists can vary. In 2010, surgical technologists made as little as less than $17,210 per year or as much as more than $47,280 per year in Mississippi. The counties in Mississippi with the highest average salary for a surgical technologist are:
- Copiah County - $35,580 per year
- Adams County - $34,380 per year
- Hancock County - $33,350 per year
The following counties in Mississippi have the lowest average salaries for surgical technologists:
- Attala County - $25,760 per year
- Clarke County - $30,380 per year
- Alcorn County - $32,190 per year
For more data regarding a career in surgical technology in Mississippi and to compare salaries with various related fields such as x ray technology or health science, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Surgical Technology in Mississippi
- Certificate in Surgical Technology in Mississippi
Curious what studying Surgical Technologist gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Mississippi
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are surgical technologist related jobs in Mississippi