There are schools offering theology degrees in Mississippi!
Schools Offering Theology Programs in Mississippi
University of Mississippi Main Campus, which was ranked 66th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Mississippi that has a theology program. It is located in University. 5 students graduated with a degree in theology from University of Mississippi Main Campus in 2010. The tuition rate at University of Mississippi Main Campus was $5,436 per year.
University of Southern Mississippi, which was ranked 70th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Mississippi that has a theology program. It is located in Hattiesburg. In 2010, 7 students graduated from University of Southern Mississippi theology program. Students at University of Southern Mississippi paid $5,452 per year in tuition fees.
Millsaps College, which was ranked 70th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Mississippi that has a theology program. It is located in Jackson. In 2010, 2 students graduated from Millsaps College theology program. Students at Millsaps College paid $27,812 per year in tuition fees.
If you are hoping to attend one of Mississippi's theology schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $8,869 per year, though tuition can range from $27,812 per year to $1,680 per year. The Mississippi theology schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Millsaps College - located in Jackson, students are charged $27,812 per year
- Belhaven University - located in Jackson, students are charged $17,700 per year
- Mississippi College - located in Clinton, students are charged $13,530 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Mississippi theology schools were charged at the following schools:
- Itawamba Community College - located in Fulton, students are charged $1,680 per year
- Northeast Mississippi Community College - located in Booneville, students are charged $2,130 per year
- Southeastern Baptist College - located in Laurel, students are charged $4,550 per year
A theology degree from a Mississippi school... what next?
A large number of Mississippi theology graduates become theologists. Mississippi had 110 theologists in 2010. The Mississippi counties with the largest populations of theologists are:
- Copiah County - 50 theologists
A theologist in Mississippi makes an average of $56,360 per year. In 2010, however, some Mississippi theologists earned as little as less than $30,750 per year or as much as more than $110,820 per year. The counties in Mississippi with the highest average salary for a theologist are:
- Copiah County - $61,510 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Mississippi statistics regarding a career in theology and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as theology or christian counseling.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Theology in Mississippi
- Bachelor's Degree in Theology in Mississippi
- Master's Degree in Theology in Mississippi
Curious what studying Theology gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Mississippi
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Philosophy and Religion Teachers, Postsecondary||110||$56,360||0.0%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are theology related jobs in Mississippi