There are schools offering acting classes in Missouri!
Schools Offering Acting Programs in Missouri
The top-ranked school in Missouri that has a acting program is Webster University. Webster University, which was ranked 30th in the country in 2010, is located in Saint Louis. In 2010, Webster University graduated 12 students from its acting program. The tuition rate at Webster University was $21,748 per year.
The second-ranked school in Missouri that has a acting program is Stephens College. Stephens College, which was ranked 42nd in the country in 2010, is located in Columbia. 40 students graduated with degree in acting from Stephens College in 2010. Stephens College charged in-state students $25,400 in tuition fees per year.
Lindenwood University, which is located in Saint Charles, is the third-ranked school in Missouri that has a acting program. It received a ranking of 43rd in the country in 2010. In 2010, 20 students graduated from Lindenwood University acting program. Tuition at Lindenwood University was $13,540 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Missouri's acting schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $15,571 per year, though tuition can range from $40,369 per year to $1,920 per year. The Missouri acting schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Washington University in St Louis - located in Saint Louis, students are charged $40,369 per year
- Saint Louis University-Main Campus - located in Saint Louis, students are charged $32,656 per year
- William Jewell College - located in Liberty, students are charged $28,450 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Missouri acting schools were charged at the following schools:
- Crowder College - located in Neosho, students are charged $1,920 per year
- Missouri Southern State University - located in Joplin, students are charged $4,530 per year
- Northwest Missouri State University - located in Maryville, students are charged $5,638 per year
An acting degree from a Missouri school... what next?
Most people who graduate from acting school in Missouri go on to work as an actor. Missouri had 690 actors in 2010. In Missouri, the largest numbers of actors work in the following counties:
- Barry County - 200 actors
- Bond County
- Franklin County
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 970 actors will be working in Missouri state. This would require the number of actors to grow by 1%.
An actor in Missouri earns $0 per year on average.
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Missouri statistics regarding a career in acting and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as art or acting.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Acting in Missouri
- Bachelor's Degree in Acting in Missouri
- Master's Degree in Acting in Missouri
- Doctoral Degree in Acting in Missouri
Curious what studying Acting gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Missouri
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Producers and Directors||1,020||$60,360||30.8%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are acting related jobs in Missouri