There are schools offering administrative assistant courses in Missouri!
Schools Offering Administrative Assisting Programs in Missouri
Around 0.2% of Missouri's graduates graduate from administrative assisting certificate programs every year. In other words, every year an estimated 330 administrative assistants graduate from Missouri's 39 administrative assistant schools.
The top-ranked school in Missouri with a administrative assistant program is Kirksville Area Technical Center, which is located in Kirksville. In 2010, it was ranked 57th nationwide. In 2010, Kirksville Area Technical Center graduated 1 students from its administrative assistant program.
The second-ranked school in Missouri with a administrative assistant program is Grand River Technical School, which is located in Chillicothe. In 2010, it was ranked 58th nationwide.
Pike-Lincoln Technical Center, which was ranked 58th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Missouri that has a administrative assistant program. It is located in Eolia. Pike-Lincoln Technical Center charged in-state students $0 in tuition fees per year.
If you choose to attend a Missouri administrative assistant school, average tuition will be $4,333 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $1,704 per year to $16,200 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Missouri administrative assistant schools were charged at the following schools:
- Stevens Institute of Business & Arts - located in Saint Louis, students are charged $16,200 per year
- Pinnacle Career Institute - located in Kansas City, students are charged $13,700 per year
- Hickey College - located in Saint Louis, students are charged $13,430 per year
The administrative assistant schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Missouri were:
- East Central College - located in Union, students are charged $1,704 per year
- Crowder College - located in Neosho, students are charged $1,920 per year
- Jefferson College - located in Hillsboro, students are charged $2,040 per year
An administrative assistant certificate from a Missouri school... what next?
Most people who graduate from administrative assistant school in Missouri go on to work as an administrative assistant. 15,830 administrative assistants were working in Missouri in 2010. In Missouri, the largest numbers of administrative assistants work in the following counties:
- Bond County - 8,710 administrative assistants
- Franklin County - 7,610 administrative assistants
- Callaway County - 1,410 administrative assistants
The government projects that by 2018, the number of administrative assistants in the state of Missouri will grow to 24,370. This would require a 4% growth in the profession.
On average, administrative assistants earn $41,020 per year. In 2010, however, some Missouri administrative assistants earned as little as less than $22,030 per year or as much as more than $48,700 per year. The following counties in Missouri have the highest average salaries for administrative assistants:
- Bond County - $44,260 per year
- Franklin County - $42,520 per year
- Doniphan County - $39,530 per year
On average, administrative assistants earns the least in the following Missouri counties:
- Butler County - $31,450 per year
- Alexander County - $32,460 per year
- Audrain County - $32,860 per year
For more data regarding a career in administrative assisting in Missouri and to compare salaries with various related fields such as administrative assisting or business administration, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Administrative Assisting in Missouri
- Bachelor's Degree in Administrative Assisting in Missouri
- Certificate in Administrative Assisting in Missouri
Curious what studying Administrative Assistant gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Missouri
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Office Clerks, General||65,520||$28,580||-24.9%|
|Secretaries and Administrative Assistants, Except Legal, Medical, and Executive||31,740||$28,350||26.4%|
|Executive Secretaries and Executive Administrative Assistants||15,830||$41,020||-36.9%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are administrative assistant related jobs in Missouri