There are schools offering bookkeeping courses in Missouri!
Schools Offering Bookkeeping Programs in Missouri
Hickey College, which was ranked 74th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Missouri that has a bookkeeping program. It is located in Saint Louis. 14 students graduated with a certificate in bookkeeping from Hickey College in 2010. Tuition at Hickey College was $13,430 per year.
North Central Missouri College, which is located in Trenton, is the second-ranked school in Missouri that has a bookkeeping program. It received a ranking of 78th in the country in 2010. 2 students graduated with certificate in bookkeeping from North Central Missouri College in 2010. Tuition at North Central Missouri College was $2,550 per year.
The third-ranked school in Missouri that has a bookkeeping program is Mineral Area College. Mineral Area College, which was ranked 81st in the country in 2010, is located in Park Hills. 1 students graduated with certificate in bookkeeping from Mineral Area College in 2010. Students at Mineral Area College paid $2,590 per year in tuition fees.
If you choose to attend a Missouri bookkeeping school, average tuition will be $3,985 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $1,704 per year to $13,430 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Missouri bookkeeping schools were charged at the following schools:
- Hickey College - located in Saint Louis, students are charged $13,430 per year
- National American University-Independence - located in Independence, students are charged $12,565 per year
- Three Rivers Community College - located in Poplar Bluff, students are charged $2,898 per year
The following Missouri bookkeeping schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- East Central College - located in Union, students are charged $1,704 per year
- St Charles Community College - located in Saint Peters, students are charged $1,920 per year
- Jefferson College - located in Hillsboro, students are charged $2,040 per year
A bookkeeping certificate from a Missouri school... what next?
The highest percentage of bookkeeping graduates in Missouri pursue careers as a bookkeeping clerk. In 2010, there were 32,800 bookkeeping clerks working in Missouri. In Missouri, the largest numbers of bookkeeping clerks work in the following counties:
- Bond County - 15,140 bookkeeping clerks
- Franklin County - 12,650 bookkeeping clerks
- Christian County - 2,300 bookkeeping clerks
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of bookkeeping clerks is expected to grow by 2% by 2018. There are projected to be 40,800 bookkeeping clerks working in the Missouri then.
On average, bookkeeping clerks earn $32,580 per year. However, Missouri bookkeeping clerks earned anywhere in the range from as less than $16,640 per year to more than $43,660 per year in 2010. A bookkeeping clerk in the following Missouri counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Bond County - $35,600 per year
- Franklin County - $34,910 per year
- Boone County - $31,580 per year
The following counties in Missouri have the lowest average salaries for bookkeeping clerks:
- Butler County - $25,710 per year
- Adair County - $26,250 per year
- Audrain County - $26,870 per year
For more data regarding a career in bookkeeping in Missouri and to compare salaries with various related fields such as small business or finance, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Bookkeeping in Missouri
- Certificate in Bookkeeping in Missouri
Curious what studying Bookkeeping gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Missouri
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Bookkeeping, Accounting, and Auditing Clerks||32,800||$32,580||-8.9%|
|Billing and Posting Clerks||9,040||$30,790||-9.0%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are bookkeeping related jobs in Missouri