There are schools offering carpentry programs in Missouri!
Schools Offering Carpentry Programs in Missouri
The top-ranked school in Missouri that has a carpentry program is Hannibal Career and Technical Center. Hannibal Career and Technical Center, which was ranked 47th in the country in 2010, is located in Hannibal. In 2010, Hannibal Career and Technical Center graduated no students from its carpentry program.
The second-ranked school in Missouri that has a carpentry program is Nichols Career Center. Nichols Career Center, which was ranked 53rd in the country in 2010, is located in Jefferson City.
Grand River Technical School, which is located in Chillicothe, is the third-ranked school in Missouri that has a carpentry program. It received a ranking of 58th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Grand River Technical School graduated 0 students from its carpentry programs. Students at Grand River Technical School paid $0 per year in tuition fees.
If you choose to attend a Missouri carpentry school, average tuition will be $1,917 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $2,490 per year to $13,100 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Missouri carpentry schools were charged at the following schools:
- Ranken Technical College - located in Saint Louis, students are charged $13,100 per year
- Rolla Technical Institute - located in Rolla, students are charged $7,366 per year
- Lake Career and Technical Center - located in Camdenton, students are charged $4,500 per year
The carpentry schools in Missouri that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Saint Louis Community College-Florissant Valley - located in Saint Louis, students are charged $2,490 per year
- North Central Missouri College - located in Trenton, students are charged $2,550 per year
- Mineral Area College - located in Park Hills, students are charged $2,590 per year
A carpentry certificate from a Missouri school... what next?
The highest percentage of carpentry graduates in Missouri pursue careers as a carpenter. 14,360 carpenters were working in Missouri in 2010. The largest populations of Missouri carpenters are working in the following counties:
- Bond County - 8,170 carpenters
- Franklin County - 4,130 carpenters
- Christian County - 1,050 carpenters
The government projects that by 2018, the number of carpenters in the state of Missouri will shrink to 26,350. This would require a -4% decline in the profession.
On average, carpenters earn $44,440 per year. However, Missouri carpenters earned anywhere in the range from as less than $17,610 per year to more than $73,480 per year in 2010. On average a carpenter earns the most in the following Missouri counties:
- Bond County - $52,150 per year
- Franklin County - $46,760 per year
- Callaway County - $44,630 per year
On average, carpenters earns the least in the following Missouri counties:
- Barry County - $30,620 per year
- Butler County - $31,060 per year
- Audrain County - $32,530 per year
For more data regarding a career in carpentry in Missouri and to compare salaries with various related fields such as locksmithing or plumbing, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Carpentry in Missouri
- Certificate in Carpentry in Missouri
Curious what studying Carpentry gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Missouri
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Cabinetmakers and Bench Carpenters||2,320||$29,540||-33.1%|
|Woodworkers, All Other||250||$23,350||212.5%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are carpentry related jobs in Missouri