There are schools offering civil engineering degrees in Missouri!
Schools Offering Civil Engineering Programs in Missouri
Around 0.2% of Missouri's graduates graduate from civil engineering degree programs every year. In other words, every year an estimated 296 civil engineers graduate from Missouri's 10 civil engineering schools.
The top-ranked school in Missouri with a civil engineering program is Washington University in St Louis, which is located in Saint Louis. In 2010, it was ranked 53rd nationwide. 24 students graduated with a degree in civil engineering from Washington University in St Louis in 2010. Tuition at Washington University in St Louis was $40,369 per year.
University of Missouri-Columbia, which is located in Columbia, is the second-ranked school in Missouri that has a civil engineering program. It received a ranking of 60th in the country in 2010. 96 students graduated with degree in civil engineering from University of Missouri-Columbia in 2010. University of Missouri-Columbia charged in-state students $8,501 in tuition fees per year.
Missouri University of Science and Technology, which is located in Rolla, is the third-ranked school in Missouri that has a civil engineering program. It received a ranking of 67th in the country in 2010. 132 students graduated with degree in civil engineering from Missouri University of Science and Technology in 2010. Missouri University of Science and Technology charged in-state students $8,528 in tuition fees per year.
If you choose to attend a Missouri civil engineering school, average tuition will be $9,330 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $2,040 per year to $40,369 per year. The Missouri civil engineering schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Washington University in St Louis - located in Saint Louis, students are charged $40,369 per year
- University of Missouri-St Louis - located in Saint Louis, students are charged $8,631 per year
- University of Missouri-Kansas City - located in Kansas City, students are charged $8,602 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Missouri civil engineering schools were charged at the following schools:
- Jefferson College - located in Hillsboro, students are charged $2,040 per year
- Saint Louis Community College-Florissant Valley - located in Saint Louis, students are charged $2,490 per year
- Mineral Area College - located in Park Hills, students are charged $2,590 per year
A civil engineering degree from a Missouri school... what next?
Most people who graduate from civil engineering school in Missouri go on to work as a civil engineer. 4,620 civil engineers were working in Missouri in 2010. The following counties have the largest number of Missouri civil engineers:
- Franklin County - 2,260 civil engineers
- Bond County - 2,160 civil engineers
- Callaway County - 290 civil engineers
The government projects that by 2018, the number of civil engineers in the state of Missouri will grow to 6,140. This would require a 7% growth in the profession.
A civil engineer in Missouri makes an average of $75,170 per year. However, this number is only an average. civil engineers in Missouri had varying salaries from $42,250 to $116,050 per year in 2010. A civil engineer in the following Missouri counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Franklin County - $79,450 per year
- Bond County - $77,670 per year
- Christian County - $72,890 per year
A civil engineer in the following counties in Missouri make the lowest salaries on average:
- Alexander County - $52,850 per year
- Butler County - $62,260 per year
- Adair County - $63,220 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Missouri statistics regarding a career in civil engineering. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as civil engineering or drafting.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Civil Engineering in Missouri
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering in Missouri
- Master's Degree in Civil Engineering in Missouri
- Doctoral Degree in Civil Engineering in Missouri
Curious what studying Civil Engineering gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Missouri
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Architectural and Civil Drafters||1,890||$47,340||-5.5%|
|Civil Engineering Technicians||1,580||$40,910||1.9%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are civil engineering related jobs in Missouri