There are schools offering early childhood education certificates in Missouri!
Schools Offering Early Childhood Education Programs in Missouri
- Early Childhood Education Certificates in Tennessee
- Early Childhood Education Certificates in Iowa
- Early Childhood Education Certificates in Illinois
- Early Childhood Education Certificates in Arkansas
- Early Childhood Education Certificates in Kansas
- Early Childhood Education Certificates in Oklahoma
- See All Schools in Missouri
Each year, roughly 0.2% of Missouri students graduate with degrees in early childhood education. That means an estimated 373 early childhood education professionals graduate from Missouri's 23 early childhood education schools each year.
The top-ranked school in Missouri with a early childhood education program is Webster University, which is located in Saint Louis. In 2010, it was ranked 30th nationwide. In 2010, Webster University graduated 16 students from its early childhood education program. The tuition rate at Webster University was $21,748 per year.
The second-ranked school in Missouri that has a early childhood education program is Westminster College. Westminster College, which was ranked 39th in the country in 2010, is located in Fulton. In 2010, Westminster College graduated 1 students from its early childhood education program. Students at Westminster College paid $19,760 per year in tuition fees.
Lindenwood University, which was ranked 39th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Missouri that has a early childhood education program. It is located in Saint Charles. 13 students graduated with degree in early childhood education from Lindenwood University in 2010. Students at Lindenwood University paid $13,540 per year in tuition fees.
Early childhood education schools in Missouri, charge students an average tuition of $11,484 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $21,910 per year, or as little as $1,920 per year. In 2010, the following Missouri early childhood education schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Maryville University of Saint Louis - located in Saint Louis, students are charged $21,910 per year
- Webster University - located in Saint Louis, students are charged $21,748 per year
- Fontbonne University - located in Saint Louis, students are charged $20,380 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Missouri early childhood education schools were charged at the following schools:
- Crowder College - located in Neosho, students are charged $1,920 per year
- Harris-Stowe State University - located in Saint Louis, students are charged $4,336 per year
- Northwest Missouri State University - located in Maryville, students are charged $5,638 per year
An early childhood education degree from a Missouri school... what next?
early childhood education graduates in Missouri can go into a variety of professions such as kindergarten teacher, elementary school teacher, and preschool director. In 2010, there were 40,070 early childhood education professional working in Missouri, including 8,240 preschool teachers, 3,250 kindergarten teachers, and 27,680 elementary school teachers. The Missouri counties with the largest populations of early childhood education professional are:
- Bond County - 18,660 early childhood education professionals
- Franklin County - 16,320 early childhood education professionals
- Butler County - 3,230 early childhood education professionals
The government projects that the number of early childhood education professionals in Missouri will grow by 17%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 47,320 early childhood education professionals working in Missouri. The greatest growth for early childhood education professional is predicted to be amongst Preschool Teachers, who are expected to increase by 24% by 2018.
On average, early childhood education professionals earn a salary of $38,763 per year in Missouri state. But, salaries for early childhood education professional can vary. In 2010, early childhood education professional made as little as less than $15,450 per year or as much as more than $80,880 per year in Missouri. On average early childhood education professional earn the most in the following Missouri counties:
- Franklin County - $41,850 per year
- Bond County - $41,825 per year
- Christian County - $36,750 per year
The following counties in Missouri have the lowest average salaries for early childhood education professional:
- Callaway County - $29,433 per year
- Barry County - $31,677 per year
- Adair County - $32,573 per year
The early childhood education professionals with highest average salaries in Missouri were:
- Elementary School Teacher - $44,070 per year
- Kindergarten Teacher - $43,590 per year
- Preschool Director - $42,740 per year
The early childhood education professionals with lowest average salaries in Missouri were:
- Preschool Director - $42,740 per year
- Preschool Teacher - $24,650 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Missouri statistics regarding a career in early childhood education and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as early childhood education or .
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Early Childhood Education in Missouri
- Bachelor's Degree in Early Childhood Education in Missouri
- Master's Degree in Early Childhood Education in Missouri
Curious what studying Early Childhood Education gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Missouri
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Elementary School Teachers, Except Special Education||27,680||$44,070||14.2%|
|Preschool Teachers, Except Special Education||8,240||$24,650||11.2%|
|Kindergarten Teachers, Except Special Education||3,250||$43,590||-15.6%|
|Education Administrators, Preschool and Childcare Center/Program||900||$42,740||104.5%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are early childhood education related jobs in Missouri