There are schools offering educational leadership programs in Missouri!
Schools Offering Educational Leadership Programs in Missouri
Each year, approximately 1.3% of Missouri graduates receive degrees in educational leadership. Thus, Missouri's 21 educational leadership schools put out approximately 2,291 educational leadership professonals each year.
The top-ranked school in Missouri with a educational leadership program is Webster University, which is located in Saint Louis. In 2010, it was ranked 30th nationwide. 56 students graduated with a degree in educational leadership from Webster University in 2010. The tuition rate at Webster University was $21,748 per year.
Stephens College, which was ranked 42nd nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Missouri that has a educational leadership program. It is located in Columbia. In 2010, 11 students graduated from Stephens College educational leadership program. Students at Stephens College paid $25,400 per year in tuition fees.
The third-ranked school in Missouri that has a educational leadership program is Lindenwood University. Lindenwood University, which was ranked 43rd in the country in 2010, is located in Saint Charles. In 2010, 359 students graduated from Lindenwood University educational leadership program. The tuition rate at Lindenwood University was $13,540 per year.
Tuition at Missouri's educational leadership schools ranges from $32,656 per year to $5,638 per year. But, the average tuition is $13,755 per year. In 2010, the educational leadership schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Missouri were:
- Saint Louis University-Main Campus - located in Saint Louis, students are charged $32,656 per year
- Stephens College - located in Columbia, students are charged $25,400 per year
- Maryville University of Saint Louis - located in Saint Louis, students are charged $21,910 per year
The educational leadership schools in Missouri that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Northwest Missouri State University - located in Maryville, students are charged $5,638 per year
- Lincoln University - located in Jefferson City, students are charged $6,175 per year
- Southeast Missouri State University - located in Cape Girardeau, students are charged $6,255 per year
An educational leadership degree from a Missouri school... what next?
Many Missouri educational leadership graduates become a preschool director, dean, and distance learning coordinator. If you decide to work as an educational leadership professonal in Missouri, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 7,630 Missouri educational leadership professonal as of 2010. This number includes 4,360 middle school principals, 900 preschool directors, and 2,160 deans. In Missouri, the largest numbers of educational leadership professonal work in the following counties:
- Bond County - 3,600 educational leadership professonals
- Franklin County - 2,630 educational leadership professonals
- Audrain County - 660 educational leadership professonals
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, the number of educational leadership professonals is expected to grow by 12% by 2018. There are projected to be 7,840 educational leadership professonals working in Missouri then. Of these 7,840 educational leadership professonals, the government predicts that 4,990 will be middle school principals, 1,100 will be preschool directors, and 1,750 will be deans.
educational leadership professonals in Missouri earn $70,133 per year on average. However, this number is only an average. Educational leadership professonal in Missouri had varying salaries from $24,650 to $148,790 per year in 2010. Educational leadership professonals in the following Missouri counties make the highest salaries on average:
- Jasper County - $78,220 per year
- Franklin County - $76,665 per year
- Adair County - $74,980 per year
On average, educational leadership professonals earn the least in the following Missouri counties:
- Butler County - $51,043 per year
- Christian County - $65,003 per year
- Boone County - $67,073 per year
On average, the highest paid educational leadership professonals in Missouri were:
- Dean - $83,940 per year
- Middle School Principal - $81,520 per year
- Distance Learning Coordinator - $72,330 per year
The educational leadership professonals with lowest average salaries in Missouri were:
- Distance Learning Coordinator - $72,330 per year
- Preschool Director - $42,740 per year
For more data regarding a career in educational leadership in Missouri and to compare salaries with various related fields such as educational leadership or special education, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Master's Degree in Educational Leadership in Missouri
- Doctoral Degree in Educational Leadership in Missouri
Curious what studying Educational Leadership gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Missouri
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Education Administrators, Elementary and Secondary School||4,360||$81,520||8.2%|
|Education Administrators, Postsecondary||2,160||$83,940||63.6%|
|Education Administrators, Preschool and Childcare Center/Program||900||$42,740||104.5%|
|Education Administrators, All Other||210||$72,330||-38.2%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are educational leadership related jobs in Missouri