There are schools offering electrical engineering degrees in Missouri!
Schools Offering Electrical Engineering Programs in Missouri
Around 0.2% of Missouri's graduates graduate from electrical engineering degree programs every year. In other words, every year an estimated 301 electrical engineers graduate from Missouri's 21 electrical engineering schools.
University of Central Missouri, which was ranked 70th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Missouri that has a electrical engineering program. It is located in Warrensburg. 12 students graduated with a degree in electrical engineering from University of Central Missouri in 2010. Students at University of Central Missouri paid $6,585 per year in tuition fees.
Southeast Missouri State University, which is located in Cape Girardeau, is the second-ranked school in Missouri that has a electrical engineering program. It received a ranking of 71st in the country in 2010. The tuition rate at Southeast Missouri State University was $6,255 per year.
The third-ranked school in Missouri that has a electrical engineering program is Linn State Technical College. Linn State Technical College, which was ranked 73rd in the country in 2010, is located in Linn. In 2010, Linn State Technical College graduated 15 students from its electrical engineering programs. The tuition rate at Linn State Technical College was $5,370 per year.
Electrical engineering schools in Missouri, charge students an average tuition of $7,813 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $18,048 per year, or as little as $1,920 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Missouri electrical engineering schools were charged at the following schools:
- ITT Technical Institute-Earth City - located in Earth City, students are charged $18,048 per year
- ITT Technical Institute-Arnold - located in Arnold, students are charged $18,048 per year
- ITT Technical Institute-Kansas City - located in Kansas City, students are charged $18,048 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Missouri electrical engineering schools were charged at the following schools:
- Crowder College - located in Neosho, students are charged $1,920 per year
- Jefferson College - located in Hillsboro, students are charged $2,040 per year
- Moberly Area Community College - located in Moberly, students are charged $2,280 per year
An electrical engineering degree from a Missouri school... what next?
A large number of Missouri electrical engineering graduates become electrical engineers. Missouri had 3,520 electrical engineers in 2010. In Missouri, the largest numbers of electrical engineers work in the following counties:
- Bond County - 2,210 electrical engineers
- Franklin County - 1,510 electrical engineers
- Christian County - 170 electrical engineers
The government projects that by 2018, the number of electrical engineers in the state of Missouri will shrink to 2,310. This would require a -5% decline in the profession.
On average, an electrical engineer earns a salary of $84,100 per year in Missouri state. However, this number is only an average. electrical engineers in Missouri had varying salaries from $15,650 to $115,410 per year in 2010. The following counties in Missouri have the highest average salaries for electrical engineers:
- Doniphan County - $97,050 per year
- Bond County - $87,010 per year
- Audrain County - $83,520 per year
On average, electrical engineers earns the least in the following Missouri counties:
- Barry County - $57,920 per year
- Butler County - $74,630 per year
- Christian County - $77,930 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Missouri statistics regarding a career in electrical engineering. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as electrical engineering or civil engineering.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Electrical Engineering in Missouri
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering in Missouri
- Certificate in Electrical Engineering in Missouri
Curious what studying Electrical Engineering gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Missouri
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Electrical and Electronics Engineering Technicians||1,930||$56,410||7.2%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are electrical engineering related jobs in Missouri