There are schools offering electrician courses in Missouri!
Schools Offering Electrician Training Programs in Missouri
Around 0.2% of Missouri's graduates graduate from electrician training certificate programs every year. That means an estimated 280 electricians graduate from Missouri's 8 electrician schools each year.
The top-ranked school in Missouri with a electrician program is Columbia Area Vocational Technical School, which is located in Columbia. In 2010, it was ranked 64th nationwide. In 2010, Columbia Area Vocational Technical School graduated 2 students from its electrician program.
The second-ranked school in Missouri that has a electrician program is Cape Girardeau Career and Technology Center. Cape Girardeau Career and Technology Center, which was ranked 71st in the country in 2010, is located in Cape Girardeau. In 2010, 2 students graduated from Cape Girardeau Career and Technology Center electrician program.
The third-ranked school in Missouri that has a electrician program is Vatterott College. Vatterott College, which was ranked 72nd in the country in 2010, is located in Saint Louis. In 2010, Vatterott College graduated 38 students from its electrician programs. Students at Vatterott College paid $11,740 per year in tuition fees.
Tuition at Missouri's electrician schools ranges from $12,010 per year to $2,590 per year. But, the average tuition is $6,910 per year. The Missouri electrician schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Vatterott College-St Charles Campus - located in Saint Charles, students are charged $12,010 per year
- Vatterott College - located in Saint Louis, students are charged $11,829 per year
- Vatterott College - located in Kansas City, students are charged $11,744 per year
The following Missouri electrician schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Mineral Area College - located in Park Hills, students are charged $2,590 per year
- Linn State Technical College - located in Linn, students are charged $5,370 per year
- Vatterott College - located in Saint Louis, students are charged $11,740 per year
An electrician certificate from a Missouri school... what next?
A large number of Missouri electrician graduates become electricians. Missouri had 9,940 electricians in 2010. In Missouri, the largest numbers of electricians work in the following counties:
- Bond County - 5,600 electricians
- Franklin County - 4,030 electricians
- Christian County - 810 electricians
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 11,840 electricians will be working in Missouri state. This would require the number of electricians to shrink by -6%.
On average, electricians earn $56,860 per year. But, salaries for electricians can vary. In 2010, electricians made as little as less than $22,760 per year or as much as more than $99,980 per year in Missouri. On average an electrician earns the most in the following Missouri counties:
- Bond County - $64,340 per year
- Franklin County - $55,880 per year
- Callaway County - $54,100 per year
An electrician in the following counties in Missouri make the lowest salaries on average:
- Barry County - $35,500 per year
- Christian County - $39,240 per year
- Boone County - $39,720 per year
For more data regarding a career in electrician training in Missouri and to compare salaries with various related fields such as automotive or HVAC, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Electrician Training in Missouri
- Certificate in Electrician Training in Missouri
Curious what studying Electrician gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Missouri
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Electrical Power-Line Installers and Repairers||3,520||$60,210||44.9%|
|Electrical and Electronics Engineering Technicians||1,930||$56,410||7.2%|
|Electrical and Electronics Repairers, Commercial and Industrial Equipment||1,580||$52,150||79.5%|
|Electrical and Electronics Repairers, Powerhouse, Substation, and Relay||330||$68,550||10.0%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are electrician related jobs in Missouri