There are schools offering elementary education degrees in Missouri!
Schools Offering Elementary Education Programs in Missouri
Each year, approximately 1.0% of Missouri graduates receive degrees in elementary education. In other words, every year an estimated 1,736 elementary educators graduate from Missouri's 39 elementary education schools.
Westminster College, which is located in Fulton, is the top-ranked school in Missouri that has a elementary education program. It received a ranking of 39th in the country in 2010. 16 students graduated with a degree in elementary education from Westminster College in 2010. The tuition rate at Westminster College was $19,760 per year.
The second-ranked school in Missouri that has a elementary education program is Stephens College. Stephens College, which was ranked 42nd in the country in 2010, is located in Columbia. In 2010, Stephens College graduated 10 students from its elementary education program. Students at Stephens College paid $25,400 per year in tuition fees.
The third-ranked school in Missouri that has a elementary education program is Lindenwood University. Lindenwood University, which was ranked 43rd in the country in 2010, is located in Saint Charles. In 2010, Lindenwood University graduated 63 students from its elementary education programs. The tuition rate at Lindenwood University was $13,540 per year.
Tuition at Missouri's elementary education schools ranges from $40,369 per year to $1,920 per year. But, the average tuition is $14,395 per year. In 2010, the elementary education schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Missouri were:
- Washington University in St Louis - located in Saint Louis, students are charged $40,369 per year
- Saint Louis University-Main Campus - located in Saint Louis, students are charged $32,656 per year
- William Jewell College - located in Liberty, students are charged $28,450 per year
The following Missouri elementary education schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Crowder College - located in Neosho, students are charged $1,920 per year
- Harris-Stowe State University - located in Saint Louis, students are charged $4,336 per year
- Missouri Southern State University - located in Joplin, students are charged $4,530 per year
An elementary education degree from a Missouri school... what next?
Most people who graduate from elementary education school in Missouri go on to work as an elementary educator. In 2010, there were 27,680 elementary educators working in Missouri. The Missouri counties with the largest populations of elementary educators are:
- Franklin County - 12,720 elementary educators
- Bond County - 12,220 elementary educators
- Audrain County - 2,320 elementary educators
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of elementary educators is expected to grow by 15% by 2018. There are projected to be 31,470 elementary educators working in the Missouri then.
On average, elementary educators earn $44,070 per year. In 2010, however, some Missouri elementary educators earned as little as less than $20,190 per year or as much as more than $67,380 per year. The following counties in Missouri have the highest average salaries for elementary educators:
- Bond County - $50,800 per year
- Franklin County - $46,370 per year
- Christian County - $45,070 per year
On average, elementary educators earns the least in the following Missouri counties:
- Callaway County - $32,260 per year
- Butler County - $35,340 per year
- Adair County - $35,630 per year
For more data regarding a career in elementary education in Missouri and to compare salaries with various related fields such as ESL or early childhood education, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Bachelor's Degree in Elementary Education in Missouri
- Master's Degree in Elementary Education in Missouri
Curious what studying Elementary Education gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Missouri
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Elementary School Teachers, Except Special Education||27,680||$44,070||14.2%|
|Special Education Teachers, Preschool, Kindergarten, and Elementary School||5,110||$45,020||-17.0%|
|Education Administrators, Elementary and Secondary School||4,360||$81,520||8.2%|
|Kindergarten Teachers, Except Special Education||3,250||$43,590||-15.6%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are elementary education related jobs in Missouri