There are schools offering EMT training in Missouri!
Schools Offering Emergency Medical Training Programs in Missouri
Around 0.2% of Missouri's graduates graduate from emergency medical training certificate programs every year. In other words, every year an estimated 292 emergency medical technicians graduate from Missouri's 21 EMT schools.
Grand River Technical School, which was ranked 58th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Missouri that has a EMT program. It is located in Chillicothe. 6 students graduated with a certificate in EMT from Grand River Technical School in 2010.
The second-ranked school in Missouri that has a EMT program is Waynesville Career Center. Waynesville Career Center, which was ranked 61st in the country in 2010, is located in Waynesville. 23 students graduated with certificate in EMT from Waynesville Career Center in 2010.
The third-ranked school in Missouri with a EMT program is Texas County Technical Institute, which is located in Houston. In 2010, it was ranked 63rd nationwide. 21 students graduated with certificate in EMT from Texas County Technical Institute in 2010. Students at Texas County Technical Institute paid $0 per year in tuition fees.
If you choose to attend a Missouri EMT school, average tuition will be $4,297 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $1,704 per year to $19,854 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Missouri EMT schools were charged at the following schools:
- Drury University - located in Springfield, students are charged $19,854 per year
- Southwest Baptist University - located in Bolivar, students are charged $17,280 per year
- Sanford-Brown College - located in Fenton, students are charged $15,181 per year
The following Missouri EMT schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- East Central College - located in Union, students are charged $1,704 per year
- Crowder College - located in Neosho, students are charged $1,920 per year
- Jefferson College - located in Hillsboro, students are charged $2,040 per year
An EMT certificate from a Missouri school... what next?
Most people who graduate from EMT school in Missouri go on to work as an emergency medical technician. In 2010, there were 7,620 emergency medical technicians working in Missouri. The following counties have the largest number of Missouri emergency medical technicians:
- Bond County - 3,220 emergency medical technicians
- Franklin County - 2,010 emergency medical technicians
- Audrain County - 750 emergency medical technicians
The government projects that by 2018, the number of emergency medical technicians in the state of Missouri will grow to 8,250. This would require a 12% growth in the profession.
An emergency medical technician in Missouri makes an average of $31,920 per year. But, salaries for emergency medical technicians can vary. In 2010, emergency medical technicians made as little as less than $16,280 per year or as much as more than $54,530 per year in Missouri. On average an emergency medical technician earns the most in the following Missouri counties:
- Bond County - $37,360 per year
- Barry County - $35,580 per year
- Doniphan County - $35,300 per year
On average, emergency medical technicians earns the least in the following Missouri counties:
- Adair County - $19,840 per year
- Alexander County - $23,080 per year
- Jasper County - $24,260 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Missouri statistics regarding a career in emergency medical training. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as nurse assisting or paramedic.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Emergency Medical Training in Missouri
- Certificate in Emergency Medical Training in Missouri
Curious what studying EMT gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Missouri
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Emergency Medical Technicians and Paramedics||7,620||$31,920||13.7%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are EMT related jobs in Missouri