There are schools offering hospitality degrees in Missouri!
Schools Offering Hospitality Programs in Missouri
Around 0.1% of Missouri's graduates graduate from hospitality degree programs every year. That means an estimated 159 hospitality professionals graduate from Missouri's 11 hospitality schools each year.
The top-ranked school in Missouri with a hospitality program is Lindenwood University, which is located in Saint Charles. In 2010, it was ranked 43rd nationwide. In 2010, Lindenwood University graduated 1 students from its hospitality program. Lindenwood University charged in-state students $13,540 in tuition fees per year.
The second-ranked school in Missouri that has a hospitality program is Bryan College. Bryan College, which was ranked 58th in the country in 2010, is located in Springfield. In 2010, 2 students graduated from Bryan College hospitality program. Tuition at Bryan College was $17,500 per year.
The third-ranked school in Missouri that has a hospitality program is Waynesville Career Center. Waynesville Career Center, which was ranked 61st in the country in 2010, is located in Waynesville. Students at Waynesville Career Center paid $0 per year in tuition fees.
If you choose to attend a Missouri hospitality school, average tuition will be $10,367 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $2,490 per year to $26,900 per year. The Missouri hospitality schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- L'Ecole Culinaire - located in Saint Louis, students are charged $26,900 per year
- Bryan College - located in Springfield, students are charged $17,500 per year
- College of the Ozarks - located in Point Lookout, students are charged $17,310 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Missouri hospitality schools were charged at the following schools:
- Saint Louis Community College-Forest Park - located in Saint Louis, students are charged $2,490 per year
- Three Rivers Community College - located in Poplar Bluff, students are charged $2,898 per year
- Harris-Stowe State University - located in Saint Louis, students are charged $4,336 per year
A hospitality degree from a Missouri school... what next?
hospitality graduates in Missouri can go into a variety of professions such as restaurant manager, sous chef, dietary cook, line cook, and delicatessen cook. In 2010, there were 45,850 hospitality professional working in Missouri, including 660 hotel managers, 2,230 restaurant managers, and 890 sous chefs. The following counties have the largest number of Missouri hospitality professionals:
- Bond County - 24,060 hospitality professionals
- Franklin County - 16,390 hospitality professionals
- Audrain County - 3,640 hospitality professionals
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, the number of hospitality professionals is expected to grow by 0% by 2018. There are projected to be 47,130 hospitality professionals working in Missouri then. Of these 47,130 hospitality professionals, the government predicts that 620 will be hotel managers, 3,020 will be restaurant managers, and 1,320 will be sous chefs.
On average, hospitality professionals earn $33,241 per year. However, this number is only an average. Hospitality professional in Missouri had varying salaries from $15,370 to $93,970 per year in 2010. Hospitality professionals in the following Missouri counties make the highest salaries on average:
- Bond County - $34,723 per year
- Franklin County - $32,149 per year
- Alexander County - $31,478 per year
The Missouri counties with the lowest average salary for hospitality professionals are:
- Adair County - $21,842 per year
- Butler County - $23,658 per year
- Jasper County - $25,640 per year
On average, the highest paid hospitality professionals in Missouri were:
- Restaurant Manager - $54,750 per year
- Hotel Manager - $49,890 per year
- Sous Chef - $47,680 per year
The hospitality professionals with lowest average salaries in Missouri were:
- Delicatessen Cook - $19,620 per year
- Pizza Maker - $17,740 per year
For more data regarding a career in hospitality in Missouri and to compare salaries with various related fields such as hospitality or culinary, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Hospitality in Missouri
- Bachelor's Degree in Hospitality in Missouri
- Certificate in Hospitality in Missouri
Curious what studying Hospitality gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Missouri
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Cooks, Institution and Cafeteria||10,800||$21,580||-19.1%|
|Cooks, Fast Food||7,480||$17,740||-28.4%|
|Cooks, Short Order||2,920||$19,620||-38.9%|
|Food Service Managers||2,230||$54,750||22.5%|
|Chefs and Head Cooks||890||$47,680||-49.1%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are hospitality related jobs in Missouri