There are schools offering LPN programs in Missouri!
Schools Offering Nursing Programs in Missouri
Hannibal Career and Technical Center, which was ranked 47th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Missouri that has a LPN program. It is located in Hannibal. 20 students graduated with a certificate in LPN from Hannibal Career and Technical Center in 2010.
Nichols Career Center, which was ranked 53rd nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Missouri that has a LPN program. It is located in Jefferson City. In 2010, 24 students graduated from Nichols Career Center LPN program.
Four Rivers Career Center, which is located in Washington, is the third-ranked school in Missouri that has a LPN program. It received a ranking of 56th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 31 students graduated from Four Rivers Career Center LPN program. Tuition at Four Rivers Career Center was $12,193 per year.
Tuition at Missouri's LPN schools ranges from $26,200 per year to $1,920 per year. But, the average tuition is $2,143 per year. In 2010, the following Missouri LPN schools had the highest tuition rates:
- St. Louis College of Health Careers - located in Fenton, students are charged $26,200 per year
- Four Rivers Career Center - located in Washington, students are charged $12,193 per year
- Sanford-Brown College - located in Saint Peters, students are charged $10,578 per year
The following Missouri LPN schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- St Charles Community College - located in Saint Peters, students are charged $1,920 per year
- Jefferson College - located in Hillsboro, students are charged $2,040 per year
- Moberly Area Community College - located in Moberly, students are charged $2,280 per year
A LPN certificate from a Missouri school... what next?
Most people who graduate from LPN school in Missouri go on to work as a licensed practical nurse. 18,170 licensed practical nurses were working in Missouri in 2010. The largest populations of Missouri licensed practical nurses are working in the following counties:
- Bond County - 7,160 licensed practical nurses
- Franklin County - 4,700 licensed practical nurses
- Audrain County - 1,760 licensed practical nurses
The government projects that by 2018, the number of licensed practical nurses in the state of Missouri will grow to 20,400. This would require a 11% growth in the profession.
On average, a licensed practical nurse earns a salary of $35,870 per year in Missouri state. However, this number is only an average. licensed practical nurses in Missouri had varying salaries from $24,120 to $44,310 per year in 2010. The counties in Missouri with the highest average salary for a licensed practical nurse are:
- Bond County - $39,010 per year
- Franklin County - $38,700 per year
- Boone County - $35,090 per year
The Missouri counties with the lowest average salary for licensed practical nurses are:
- Jasper County - $30,570 per year
- Butler County - $31,850 per year
- Adair County - $31,850 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Missouri statistics regarding a career in nursing and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as LPN or RN to MSN.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Certificate in Nursing in Missouri
Curious what studying LPN gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Missouri
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Licensed Practical and Licensed Vocational Nurses||18,170||$35,870||3.4%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are LPN related jobs in Missouri