There are schools offering medical assistant programs in Missouri!
Schools Offering Medical Assisting Programs in Missouri
Around 1.0% of Missouri's graduates graduate from medical assisting certificate programs every year. Thus, Missouri's 29 medical assistant schools put out approximately 1,791 medical assistants each year.
The top-ranked school in Missouri with a medical assistant program is Bryan College, which is located in Springfield. In 2010, it was ranked 58th nationwide. In 2010, Bryan College graduated 120 students from its medical assistant program. The tuition rate at Bryan College was $17,500 per year.
The second-ranked school in Missouri that has a medical assistant program is Midwest Institute. Midwest Institute, which was ranked 61st in the country in 2010, is located in Saint Louis. In 2010, Midwest Institute graduated 52 students from its medical assistant program.
The third-ranked school in Missouri with a medical assistant program is Saint Louis University-Main Campus, which is located in Saint Louis. In 2010, it was ranked 64th nationwide. In 2010, Saint Louis University-Main Campus graduated 33 students from its medical assistant programs. The tuition rate at Saint Louis University-Main Campus was $32,656 per year.
Tuition at Missouri's medical assistant schools ranges from $32,656 per year to $6,276 per year. But, the average tuition is $10,113 per year. In 2010, the medical assistant schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Missouri were:
- Saint Louis University-Main Campus - located in Saint Louis, students are charged $32,656 per year
- St. Louis College of Health Careers - located in Fenton, students are charged $26,200 per year
- Bryan College - located in Springfield, students are charged $17,500 per year
The medical assistant schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Missouri were:
- Missouri State University - located in Springfield, students are charged $6,276 per year
- Sanford-Brown College - located in Hazelwood, students are charged $9,910 per year
- Vatterott College - located in Saint Joseph, students are charged $10,200 per year
A medical assistant certificate from a Missouri school... what next?
A large number of Missouri medical assistant graduates become medical assistants. 8,300 medical assistants were working in Missouri in 2010. In Missouri, the largest numbers of medical assistants work in the following counties:
- Bond County - 4,170 medical assistants
- Franklin County - 3,100 medical assistants
- Christian County - 810 medical assistants
The government projects that by 2018, the number of medical assistants in the state of Missouri will grow to 9,800. This would require a 20% growth in the profession.
A medical assistant in Missouri earns $26,830 per year on average. In 2010, however, some Missouri medical assistants earned as little as less than $16,340 per year or as much as more than $59,590 per year. A medical assistant in the following Missouri counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Doniphan County - $30,380 per year
- Jasper County - $30,120 per year
- Franklin County - $29,050 per year
A medical assistant in the following counties in Missouri make the lowest salaries on average:
- Butler County - $21,730 per year
- Alexander County - $21,900 per year
- Adair County - $23,040 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Missouri statistics regarding a career in medical assisting and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as physical therapy assisting or medical assisting.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Medical Assisting in Missouri
- Master's Degree in Medical Assisting in Missouri
- Certificate in Medical Assisting in Missouri
Curious what studying Medical Assistant gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Missouri
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are medical assistant related jobs in Missouri