There are schools offering medical billing programs in Missouri!
Schools Offering Medical Billing Programs in Missouri
Each year, roughly 0.2% of Missouri students graduate with certificates in medical billing. In other words, every year an estimated 374 medical billers graduate from Missouri's 10 medical billing schools.
St. Louis College of Health Careers, which is located in Fenton, is the top-ranked school in Missouri that has a medical billing program. It received a ranking of 67th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 23 students graduated from St. Louis College of Health Careers' medical billing program. St. Louis College of Health Careers charged in-state students $26,200 in tuition fees per year.
The second-ranked school in Missouri with a medical billing program is St. Louis College of Health Careers, which is located in Saint Louis. In 2010, it was ranked 71st nationwide. 33 students graduated with certificate in medical billing from St. Louis College of Health Careers in 2010. Tuition at St. Louis College of Health Careers was $14,885 per year.
Anthem College-Fenton, which was ranked 71st nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Missouri that has a medical billing program. It is located in Fenton. In 2010, 49 students graduated from Anthem College-Fenton medical billing program. Tuition at Anthem College-Fenton was $0 per year.
If you choose to attend a Missouri medical billing school, average tuition will be $9,434 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $9,910 per year to $26,200 per year. In 2010, the medical billing schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Missouri were:
- St. Louis College of Health Careers - located in Fenton, students are charged $26,200 per year
- Missouri College - located in Saint Louis, students are charged $15,455 per year
- Sanford-Brown College - located in Fenton, students are charged $15,181 per year
The medical billing schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Missouri were:
- Sanford-Brown College - located in Hazelwood, students are charged $9,910 per year
- Everest College-Springfield Campus - located in Springfield, students are charged $12,708 per year
- St. Louis College of Health Careers - located in Saint Louis, students are charged $14,885 per year
A medical billing certificate from a Missouri school... what next?
The highest percentage of medical billing graduates in Missouri pursue careers as a medical biller. If you decide to work as a medical biller in Missouri, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 9,040 Missouri medical billers as of 2010. The following counties have the largest number of Missouri medical billers:
- Bond County - 4,770 medical billers
- Franklin County - 3,830 medical billers
- Butler County - 670 medical billers
The government projects that by 2018, the number of medical billers in the state of Missouri will grow to 10,700. This would require a 7% growth in the profession.
A medical biller in Missouri makes an average of $30,790 per year. However, this number is only an average. medical billers in Missouri had varying salaries from $17,620 to $39,860 per year in 2010. The counties in Missouri with the highest average salary for a medical biller are:
- Bond County - $32,770 per year
- Franklin County - $32,630 per year
- Doniphan County - $31,130 per year
The Missouri counties with the lowest average salary for medical billers are:
- Audrain County - $24,960 per year
- Butler County - $25,210 per year
- Alexander County - $25,890 per year
For more data regarding a career in medical billing in Missouri and to compare salaries with various related fields such as health information management or allied health, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Medical Billing in Missouri
- Certificate in Medical Billing in Missouri
Curious what studying Medical Billing gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Missouri
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Billing and Posting Clerks||9,040||$30,790||-9.0%|
|Medical Records and Health Information Technicians||3,750||$32,880||-25.0%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are medical billing related jobs in Missouri